Thread Rating:
  • 8 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Please for the love of god make harmbaton stun both, not just the batoner.
I think trying to disarm someone holding a baton should have a chance of accidentially hitting the end with your hand and getting stunned.
As a terrible sec officer, I have harmbatoned myself many times whilst in a critical situation. It is hilarious every time, and encourages people to be aware of what intent they're on. Keep it as is, it's utterly brilliant.
This thread is a bit of a kneejerky meme at this point, it's an immensely dumb mechanic but it's still kinda hilarious.
I don't think I've ever found it funny, along with similar things like clowns somehow stabbing both eyes out if they so much as go near a sharp object, even if they're trying to be helpful.
This mechanic has saved me more than it has killed me or ruined a round. Countless times random people knocked me to the ground one way or another only to grab my baton and stun themselves cause they were in a rush to bash my skull in.

I agree this is a kneejerk thread and seems to be a issue for people with no situational awareness or people who want to be shit.
(09-06-2017, 01:46 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: I agree this is a kneejerk thread and seems to be a issue for people with no situational awareness or people who want to be shit.

...now that's just mean frown
(09-04-2017, 01:36 PM)cyberTripping Wrote: The people who often slip up here aren't the seasoned officers, it's the shitty players who stole the baton that are on disarm/harm intent.
(09-04-2017, 07:42 AM)Sundance Wrote: with this logic, what about making it only happen to non-sec? Like how non-doctors fail at surgery more.
(09-03-2017, 06:19 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: Stay aware of the intent you are set on. That's the whole lesson harm batoning is trying to teach you.
(09-03-2017, 11:31 PM)Technature Wrote: I honestly think it's mainly there to make people think about what they're doing, as Ed has said.  If you go into Security and you have no idea Intent means different things for certain situations, you kinda deserve a tazer to the face.
...Good Stuff...

/thread