Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Major New Traits issues/bugs
For Pithecophobia, I vended thirteen monkeys and stood near them, and nothing happened. Not even emotes. The same went for Robophobia (though I didn't get to test standing next to 13 borgs - just one). But even when it's fixed, I really don't think it's worth +2. In comparison to say, Puritan, it's much less debilitating and game-changing. You can spend your entire round avoiding monkeys/borgs/space (and most people do).

For Spaceaphobia, I was right next to space tiles, and nothing happened. I wasn't uneasy, and I didn't freak out. Standing directly on a space tile didn't do anything either - no fainting, no panicking, no random emotes. Neither did drifting through space do anything. I know that the original Spaceaphobia had occasional fainting if you were in space too long. Though, like for Pithecophobia, even when these issues are fixed, I don't think this trait should warrant a +2.

For Big Bruiser, 2-4 punches can knock someone out for 20-30 seconds. It's essentially punching twice as much and makes it ridiculously easy to take someone out. For reference, one punch drains 40 stamina, and can do up to at least 200 on a devastating punch. Most people would be screwed. It's very overpowered.

For Meathead, you stumble into airlocks half of the time. This probably wasn't the intended effect (or was it?), so I'm reporting it, but I actually find it hilarious and would love for it to stay like this.

For Matrix Flopout, the dodge window is way too long. Instead of the half second, it's more like 10. Also, it seems to dodge all projectiles, not just bullets (projectiles seem to be broken in general, though).

For Happy Feet, due to the cooldown, a 1/5 chance of getting someone to dance actually seems pretty small. Maybe change line 1552 of code/mob/living/carbon/human.dm to if (prob(40))? This is actually my fault since I was testing my code as an admin, without a cooldown. Also, certain emotes still show up as "struggles to move" when they logically shouldn't (eg. nod), but this is probably because emote code has been refactored, and so that part of my patch wasn't compatible.

I haven't really tested any of the other new traits (aside from BEEst friend, but there didn't seem to be anything weird with that).

edit: I capitalized "traits" for some reason in my title, and now that's really annoying me because it looks odd. Could an admin change that?
Meathead is intended to be like this, yes.
Big Bruiser should change to 1.5x instead of 2x imho. It does feel a bit TOO powerful.
All the phobias are currently broken, as well as projectiles, and it's only with new!goon - 2016 goon versions work. Right now it's out of my power to fix any of the bugs present in code.
Phobias giving +2 points should be alright since if a traitor can know precisely what your phobia is they might even abuse it to get a stun outta you, or to force you to avoid certain areas.
(09-03-2017, 01:13 PM)Crystalwarrior Wrote: Meathead is intended to be like this, yes.
Big Bruiser should change to 1.5x instead of 2x imho. It does feel a bit TOO powerful.
All the phobias are currently broken, as well as projectiles, and it's only with new!goon - 2016 goon versions work. Right now it's out of my power to fix any of the bugs present in code.
Phobias giving +2 points should be alright since if a traitor can know precisely what your phobia is they might even abuse it to get a stun outta you, or to force you to avoid certain areas.

+2 just because a traitor might be able to figure out your phobia and might use it to their advantage? That sounds very complicated and like it'd almost never happen. Again, people can very easily avoid borgs, monkeys, and space all round. From your descriptions, the most significant effect would be fainting - exactly how debilitating would that be? With all these new traits, I've already seen people take stacking them to the extreme, and making really overpowered builds (given, a bunch of stuff is broken, but still).
(09-03-2017, 01:13 PM)Crystalwarrior Wrote: Phobias giving +2 points should be alright since if a traitor can know precisely what your phobia is they might even abuse it to get a stun outta you, or to force you to avoid certain areas.

I'm not at all convinced about this. Perhaps the benefit of time with it working would say more, but I can't see somebody yelling "monkey space robot" at somebody to make to attack them (Briefly fainting? Dropping what they're holding? Screaming?) taking off. It seems to me like that's just a good way to get killed by people without phobias while you're typing/copy-pasting. I'd say stick them to +1.
Big Bruiser was changed to 1.5x lol

Changed to 1.25x
Cut matrix time in half. Was intended to dodge all attacks/projectiles.
Dancing changed to 33% and fixed.

edit: still looking into phobias, do feedback and shit here
(09-04-2017, 12:22 AM)ZeWaka Wrote: Big Bruiser was changed to 1.5x lol

Changed to 1.25x
Cut matrix time in half. Was intended to dodge all attacks/projectiles.
Dancing changed to 33% and fixed.

edit: still looking into phobias, do feedback and shit here

I danced like 30 times near a monkey (and 10 times near a player), and it never danced back! Maybe this is because the emote code was changed? I know for certain that Happyfeet works when you're a monkey with the actual implementation (I've tested), so it's weird that it doesn't work when you're a human (also, I realized that my suggested fix would only affect the probability for humans, not monkeys, since the latter has their code in mutantraces.dm). Sorry about this!

edit: I realize I may have overestimated the dodge window for Matrix Flopout (I'm not sure, though), since projectiles are just fucked in general. They'll sometimes pass through normal mobs and walls.
Regarding matrix flopout: wasn't it Spawn(5) in the first place? If that's what it is right now then it should be fine.
Regarding phobias: yeah it's a bit too circumstantial, phobias could do with +1. However Spaceaphobia was +2 before I touched it and actually made it have more negative effect than before.

Speaking of projectiles - @ZeWaka pls fix!!! It's a critical issue. It's caused by a runtime error because of the "dodge window" implementation on matrix flopout, check projectile.dm onCollide code (iirc)
UHHH. So It's good that the phobia code never worked on this end. It runs through everything and ends up crashing my client. Still doing more experimentation.

Edit: Okay, fixed. I don't know how it ever worked in your version.
That's...quite peculiar. Can you explain the issue to me in detail in pms or discord when you have the time?

I'm sure we still have to fix the projectile runtime error as well, it's probably a missing reference that causes it. Should there be a separate issue topic for it?
(09-05-2017, 09:01 PM)Crystalwarrior Wrote: That's...quite peculiar. Can you explain the issue to me in detail in pms or discord when you have the time?

I'm sure we still have to fix the projectile runtime error as well, it's probably a missing reference that causes it. Should there be a separate issue topic for it?

How do you even know about the runtime that only occurs on live? Also, what's the exact thing, I didn't see any runtime-able things.
Also the issue was using a return instead of a continue
(09-05-2017, 09:28 PM)ZeWaka Wrote: How do you even know about the runtime that only occurs on live?
Because I'm a wizard

I figured it was runtime due to the exact behavior of the projectiles tbh, had similar things happen during development of pixel projectiles for atlas station.

The runtime occurs in the collision code that's called by Bump and Crossed procs, mega certain that's the one
its fixed