Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Security.txt by Reignofevil
How about instead of dedicating half the forum to the never ending debate on security lets remove security and replace it with a gigantic lava pit, where the crew can just toss people into it when they feel like it.
criminals sacrificed to the space volcano gods
Sundance Wrote:
Quote:Step two: Nonlethal take down only.

Quote:My preferred weapon is the extinguisher for just this reason.
Quote:A security officer does NOT need a stun baton, a taser at the belt, a flash in the backpack and a flashbang in the pocket, and cuffs.

If I was playing HoS and I saw you use a fire extinguisher to subdue a person, I'd beat you with all the above (which I have on me), plus the energy rifle I did not accidentally put on lethal.

You know jack-shit about security.
Seconded, but I'd go the extra mile of bucklecuffing you nude as a display in Arrivals or something.
Even stun weapons can be deadly in the right situation, for example when a hull breach is close by. I prefer stun weapons, but I can see the merits of bludgeoning weapons. Overall, I approve of this assessment.
oh christ not one of these threads again
Cogwerks Wrote:oh christ not one of these threads again
Yeah requesting this thread to be locked.
At least the last thread had good intentions/a point.
This is like some form of retarded baby offspring.
Quite honestly i could post a big wall of text about how to be the best security guy as i've been a hos since 2009 but really security is something you have to learn yourself rather than read a guide about sop babys
here is the docter cogbeps guide to playing security

step 1) have fun
step 2) don't be a dick*
step 3) *unless it's fun, which it often is, but try to reserve that for people who started it first or are dumb
step 4) if you choose to be a dick don't be surprised if you end up getting thrown out an airlock

way to go
Cogwerks Wrote:step 1) have fun
woah I don't think that's allowed
Cogwerks Wrote:here is the docter cogbeps guide to playing security

Words

So in other words, be Andy Taylor and not Barney Fife?
I like cogwerks post. Normally, I am a VERY nice and fun loving HoS. That does not mean I won't get my hands a little dirty with bribes, fights or saving my peeps, but when it comes down to it, if some jerk thinks they can fuck with my crew or myself, and not either be an antagonist or do it with flair, imagination and creativity, I WILL try to get as many tears out of you as possible. It may be a bit of a dark side, but being nice and fun all the time can get a bit boring. So yes, if I see someone shoving peeps over and stealing anything not wrenched down and doing generally shitty things and harming my peeps, there is no mercy. I will port a brig you, naked, and carry you around the station like a pet, letting the crew tease and mock you. I encourage any other HoS's to have fun when dealing with people who want to 'grief' as long as you are not killing them and people are happier not havong to deal with them. But obviously, reserve this sort of macabre punishment for incredible shits. Clarks.Just kidding.
You should be ashamed of your self.. Fire extinguishers are ineffective and just a really shitty way to 'stun' people as security.
I vow from here and forth that if I ever see you on G3, I will push you over and release my heavenly feart on your face.
Y'know, if you're going to use a fire extinguisher to mete out justice, I'll just stun you to the floor and swap the red for some more appropriate skivvies: grey and in the brig, perhaps?
Nubcake Wrote:
reignofevil Wrote:a thread in which a guy who thinks it's ok to beat people with fire extinguishers as security to 'non lethally take them down' offers tips about how to be a 'good' security guard

I recall you leaving me in the brig and letting the captain force feed me booze for 10 minutes while you said that you were totally okay with that so I don't think you have any right to sarcastically bitch about someone else
yeah this thread is just going to be awful all around