Thread Rating:
  • 19 Vote(s) - 4.53 Average
[Feature] GhostVR™ - Spectres plaguing your virtual realities!
Hmm... Countersuggestion so everything is kosher and makes the most sense: There are two deadchats. There's the ghost deadchat, and the synthetic deadchat.

The ghost deadchat, would be literally for those who are currently ghosting/spectating, i.e: the current ghostchat. They can hear everything.

The synthetic deadchat is for those currently "alive", in the form of a drone or spectre. They can chat with each other (but obviously not other players), and can only hear whats on the radio/their own chat, with their in-character name appearing like so:

Sundance Feely (Dead: Ghostdrone Y-532): "I'm dead as shiiiiiiiiiiiit"
Moonboogie Touchy (Dead: Spectre #1): "I've also passed my expiry date"

This way you can identify players playing while dead (but not indentifying with the living) and speak to them, so you don't feel so ostracized when playing as one, because the silence/lack of speech is one of the main banes with these dudes. I also felt it's important to connect the two chats. I'd almost go so far as to see if, perhaps a patch later on, ghostdrones can interact with VR too. That way everything is tied together, rather than feeling like two seperate systems.

I realize I'm probably the only person that cares about this. butt

Messages In This Thread
RE: [Feature] GhostVR™ - Spectres plaguing your virtual realities! - by Sundance - 09-08-2017, 05:00 AM