Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
make cloner chems last longer
Filling the cloner with awful chems, while occasionally amusing, should probably work a little better, since you are only guranteed to dose one person. It should scale based on the amount of chems you put in.
Definitely. At the moment almost no one doses cloners because of this.

Then again, a work around is to just be sneaky, keep an eye on the cloner, and just keep dosing it when no one is looking.
No thanks. There are some death chems and the like that require barely any in the system, and people in the cloner are unable to be healed in any way. If you want to take the easy way to kills, you should need to expend more chems than you'd like to.
There's no way to remove chemicals from the cloning pod, so this would effectively fuck over not just one dude, but several dudes. Just bomb the cloner if you want to deny people a way back into the round.
5 people spawn with a bee heart because they were cloned.

Seems like a good way to piss people off for very little effort or reason honestly.

I'm against it.
I'm fairly sure people don't poison the cloner because it's considered a dick move like camping near the arrivals shuttle as a changeling, not because it's underpowered.

It would also make it too easy to speed clone people if you could just whack a bunch of omnizine and mannitol in without it all being transferred to the first clone.
Even if chems start lasting through multiple people, it's worth noting that it doesn't unscan them from the console. You can just shove the poisoned body into the reclaimer and try again.
Unfinished clones gib immediately upon death and the record is deleted when the cloning process begins.
(09-02-2017, 12:06 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Unfinished clones gib immediately upon death and the record is deleted when the cloning process begins.
Crazy idea: Why don't we keep cloning records permanently? People can just delete them or blow the machine up if they want someone to stay dead, and since the machine gives you a free health implant on scan there's still a reason to repeat visit it

Just limit how many slots it can save (It might already do this iirc) and make people use disks to back genes up (another feature I think might already be there that isn't used)
(09-02-2017, 12:06 PM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote: Unfinished clones gib immediately upon death and the record is deleted when the cloning process begins.

better work fast then
(09-02-2017, 01:56 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:

better work fast then

Or don't reclaim the original body until you can confirm it won't happen.
(09-02-2017, 11:24 PM)Technature Wrote:
(09-02-2017, 01:56 PM)babayetu83 Wrote:

better work fast then

Or don't reclaim the original body until you can confirm it won't happen.

I believe that once someone is cloned, the brain holder spirit container or whatever moves into the person being cloned, severing any ties the original body-brain had to the player. So, that shouldn't work.

Maybe have gibbed clones always spit out a brain.
nah always keeping the corpse handy works
(09-04-2017, 01:39 PM)Berrik Wrote: nah always keeping the corpse handy works

... I'm, like, 99% sure it doesn't. Combine that with your belief that the record doesn't get deleted on a clone attempt and I'm fairly skeptical about whether you've thought this idea through at all.