Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Remove traitor PDAs from revolution rounds
Just as the title suggests, the Rev heads shouldn't be given 12 TCs to purchase syndicate items.

They already have the ability turn almost everyone into diet mind slaves with a very common item that can be found anywhere (the flash). They shouldn't also be given some of the most lethal items in the game along with a crushing numerical advantage.

This is coming from me, the guy whom gleefully shoved heads of staff into a port-a-puke.

Out of all the revolution rounds that I have been part of so far, none of them ended any other way than the heads of staff getting pulverized by lynch mobs of 10+ people.

Hopefully if we remove traitor items out of the equation, it will give a bit more of a chance to the heads of staff to survive.
I can see why people don't like rev, as being the AI on one round, figuring out what was happening, repeatedly warning the crew about it, repeatedly asking for security to come to my upload as I was trying to keep three people from trying to change my laws shortly after they ganged up on and murdered the captain, and was inevitably subverted for nefarious purposes, it's really hard for the Heads to actually win.

Being able to order everything people who have to rely on stealth to survive for at least a short time seems kinda overkill.

I honestly don't think Revheads should be able to order anything.
can't revs only convert with their starting flashes, not all flashes? if anything the only items revs should be able to order should be spare flashes.

and sometimes rev goes better if everyone knows what gamemode it is, but a lot of the time its just a deathmatch (more so than usual) so idk
In my experience, rev heads silently convert tons of people and then just wander the station in packs to beat the crap out of any head of staff they encounter.

I don't actually know if the rev heads can only use their starter flash to convert people, but even then a single flash can be used 5 or 6 times whereas a mind slave or a loyalty can only be used once.

3 rev heads flashing 5 people each means that almost the entire crew is a revolutionary within the first 10 minutes of the shift.

I don't think they should be given a way to order additional flashes.
revs can use any flash to convert people not just the starting one
have it so they start with 0c and gain 1 tc per rev personally recruited
hear hear, the power of the proletariat is the true strength of the revolution, not mere toys

besides that there are plenty of buildable, findable, stealable weapons (ps please code, implement and use the improvised weapons i sprited to arm your revolutionaries)
Possible combinations with 12 telecrystals: 4 silenced pistols, 3 silenced pistols + 3 Target ID trackers, 12 packs of exploding cigarettes, 12 freedom implants, 2 sleepypens, 6 boxes of grenades, 6 derringers, 12 microbombs.

Given the sheer amount of gear you can buy and hand out its not surprising the heads of staff almost always lose.
I think that after, say, 5 or 6 (this number could vary depending on the station's population) crew members have been converted by the rev heads, there ought to be an automated Centcom announcement warning everyone that there are signs of mutineers onboard.

There's already a blaring alarm that goes off when nuke ops plant their nuclear device. There should be something like that for Revolution rounds.

This and the removal of TCs should offer a sense of balance, in my opinion.
Idea: make this game even more like Paranoia and just have there be a Propaganda skill that has a big cooldown. So the flash wouldn't be how they rev'd people, it would just keep them in one place long enough to spout rhetoric and convert them.
(08-28-2017, 08:11 PM)poland spring Wrote: Idea: make this game even more like Paranoia and just have there be a Propaganda skill that has a big cooldown.  So the flash wouldn't be how they rev'd people, it would just keep them in one place long enough to spout rhetoric and convert them.

This was floated a while ago, but was shot down due to the fact that whether you're a rev or not, the whole station is crawling with true doom murderheads, so the revs would immediately be fart-suplexed into oblivion and then spaced
I agree with this and also think there should be a limit to how many people a Rev Head can recruit depending on the population of a round.
Agreed. Revs don't need any more advantages.
I said this before, but Rev needs it's own skills and items that balance obviousness with power.

Like how gangs have graffiti, require rev heads to place propganda up to recruit people.

Give them clothes that act as armor but reveal their alignment. Give the items that give them area of affect buffs to keep them bunched up for the effect. Weapons that can't be hidden in backpacks and have big in hand sprites