Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Slow Down Disposals on Cog1
(09-01-2017, 12:59 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: also there needs to be an easier way to get out of the crusher on cog1, the only way is to break windows afair

On cog 1, if you have really good reflexes and access to Disposals, you can hit the door and get out before you fall over, If the crusher isn't open you can lay down and run back to the doors, if the crusher is open 9/10 times you are 100% deader then if you were Simply stabbed/shot repeatedly do to how fast it is.
I almost think disposals shouldn't immediately lead to the crusher, it should put trash in a trash room and the janitor has a duty to move it to the crusher belt. So unless you rig it you have to be aware and ready to finish the disposal when you flush evidence or people (obviously only if you're an antag)

It just kinda makes sense. It promotes proper waste recycling too leading to a greener station.
(09-01-2017, 11:07 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: It just kinda makes sense. It promotes proper waste recycling too leading to a greener station.

Nanotrasen don't care about having a greener station.
If it's recycling or trash, it all gets grinded into paste.

Or maybe they know the janitor will never do it in the first place?
He's too busy creating perfectly good floors to slip on.
I always figure they left the state of the station in the crew's hands. It was just a thought though.
(09-01-2017, 11:07 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: I almost think disposals shouldn't immediately lead to the crusher, it should put trash in a trash room and the janitor has a duty to move it to the crusher belt. So unless you rig it you have to be aware and ready to finish the disposal when you flush evidence or people (obviously only if you're an antag)

It just kinda makes sense. It promotes proper waste recycling too leading to a greener station.

This, but automated with a timer or something
(09-01-2017, 09:35 AM)Vitatroll Wrote: Crushers being deadly to Marios was more an unforeseen consequence of a cog2 fix than an intended effect. Pipes should be retained as an escape tool. I'd rather not be missing out on the hilarious deaths I've had from redirected or damaged pipes.

This is the main point of this thread honestly. The original changes to belts was made by SpyGuy:

Sunday, November 29th, 2015
SpyGuy updated
Tweaked how conveyor belts work. They should now be significantly faster. As such the cargo routing
system can actually be used to deliver things in a timely manner!

Before this fix, disposals was not fairly certain death and I don't believe was ever supposed to be. I honestly think that this is an oversight that has simply never been fixed it like was on Cog2 bu Grayshift:

Thursday, January 26th, 2017
Grayshift updated
Disposals is now "safe" as an escape route, or for flushing people you don't like. Hufflaw made me do it.

There's a lot of good ideas in this thread, but it was mainly just to draw attention to this issue so it could be fixed. Disposals on cog1 used to be fairly chancy depending on the amount of lag, but 9 time out of 10 you could still live even with the blast doors open. This is what you should keep in mind.