Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Mouse and interaction bug
I'm not sure what's causing it, but often times during the middle of a round, the little blue loading circle will start flashing next to my mouse pointer. After that starts happening, I can longer examine things or interact with hardly anything. I've tried re-logging (which sticks me with the hotkey bug that I posted about earlier), tried closing BYOND entirely, but it doesn't seem to fix it. It only seems to stop once the round is over and the world resets. This also only occurs on goon for me. Any ideas? Because it basically makes the game unplayable until round end.

Not sure what priority I should set this to, because I've only met two other people that have had this issue.
are you sure youre not getting the weird double-click bug? next time it happens, try double clicking to interact with something. I've had similar problems, apparently it's caused by tooltips.
what cybertripping said. try completely disabling tooltips
yeah i've gotta doubleclick about 30% of the time, and while it's clearly a bug it's got nearly no impact on QoL
(08-18-2017, 09:25 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: yeah i've gotta doubleclick about 30% of the time, and while it's clearly a bug it's got nearly no impact on QoL

I had this when tooltips came out and I'm pretty sure it stopped when I set tooltips to only appear while holding alt
Sometimes you can work a temporary fix by forcing a tooltip to appear over one of your items. You'll know you're doing the right thing if it takes a moment to pop up, makes a few of those IE clicks, and maybe shifts window focus away from SS13.

Miiiight have something to do with tooltips and window focus. Or the tooltip data getting delayed by lag and confusing your client as to what's on screen. Could be sunspots for all BYOND likes to pull.
(08-18-2017, 01:40 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: what cybertripping said. try completely disabling tooltips

It worked. I wish it worked fine with tooltips though, as it is a rather nice feature. I've tried it with the "tooltips while examining only" option, but then it just bugs out when I'm pushing the examine key. Gonna keep tooltips off for now.
i've got tooltips set to examine only and they glitch a little but i normally just mash alt and wiggle the mouse and it stops.