JoshKhaos' Mentor Application
Usual Character Name: Bob Bell, Ho-ratio Harding, Dr. Will Anderson
BYOND Username: JoshKhaos
Recommended by (if applicable): N/a
Times Available: Generally from 9p-12/1am EST Most days. On some days during the daytime

Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): 

I want to be a mentor because I generally like helping people. I've played off and on since 2014 but have become more active the past month or two and my love for this game has been reinvigorated.  While I haven't played much on other servers, I'd have to say I enjoy goon greatly and haven't seen much reason to move to another server.
     As far as experience in different job roles go, I'm proficient in a few roles.

Medicine - I like being botanist and roboticist. I'll spend the more hectic rounds wandering the halls tending to the wounded I find along the way. I know all the ins and outs of genetics and enjoy rolling the slots and seeing what I can find and how I can enhance my abilities, as well as the crew's. Pathology i'm not super knowledgeable in but I've been trying to get a knack for it.

Science / Research - As far as chemistry goes I am moderately knowledgeable with the non pyrotechnic recipes and combinations. Artifacts I know the gist of testing and activating them but I haven't had much luck with interdepartmental cooperation to get a steady supply of artifacts. Telescience I know how it works and have piddled with it a bit however I haven't done too much exploration in the other z levels.

Engineering - I can get a hellburn going, and maintain a steady char burn for as long as I have fuel. I'm good with mechcomp and like to make voice activated teleport hubs for the braver crew members to take advantage of. I can also build pretty much whatever the station requires after a bombing and spend the crazier rounds replacing light tubes, windows, and bombed APC's. I also am pretty well versed with mining and quartermaster roles but not so much when it comes to the arc welder.

Civilian Dept. - I like cleaning up after everyone as a janitor and take it as more of a cleaner/ handyman/field medic role. I like botany, and while I haven't mastered all the infusions and special mutations I am pretty decent. Chef / Barman I don't have too much experience with, as I don't find them too entertaining.

Security and Command - I like playing security and usually try and air on the side of caution. I am not very robust however and this usually ends up with a short round for me if there are particularly aggressive antagonists. I like playing as some of the head roles, Medical Director and Chief Engineer, to help teach other people starting out about the specific jobs I enjoy. Haven't had too much experience as Captain or HoP since I find them a little boring. I like more defined roles.

AI & Synthetics - My experience with robotics has helped a lot with understanding the quirks of cyborgs and AI. I enjoy playing AI from time to time and like to take an active role without spoiling things for the antags. I also like running ghost drones and building the station back up in more hazardous rounds.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will):

I had a jobban back in 2014 for security and head roles. I had impersonated the HoS as HoP and killed a guy for not following my self-enacted drug policy. I was unbanned a week or so later and have been enjoying properly playing these roles ever since.
I can't say i've seen you around in game that much, might be timezones, you seem like a solid player from your app tho so i'll go with +1
I havent seen you around much either but admittedly Im almost always alseep when you say you play so im neutral for now
Hey i'm playing with you right now and you're not bad!
(08-17-2017, 08:16 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Hey i'm playing with you right now and you're not bad!

meta! lmao

i started playing last year and havent seen you around (also havent played lately) but the app seems solid, sure from me
To those saying they haven't seen me I hope that will change. I've been playing almost every day since I started back up in june.

@Johnny_Warcrimes I'm glad ya think so, I'm not the greatest antagonist but I try lol
Your application seems solid, And I think I saw a Will Anderson once, so yes from me
If you saw Dr. Anderson I was probably going around implant gunning everyone with medical implants lol