Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Port-A-Gene
(08-19-2017, 03:33 PM)awfulworldkid Wrote: There's one specific gene that trumps every other gene for speed injectors for several reasons. I'll leave it up to you guys to figure out which. That being said, I support the version that gives X gene to everyone within Y radius.

i assume its one of the booster genes. that or radioactive cause that shit kills and is hard to stop if you don't know what you are doing.

being able to get like, a few genes from people long distance or more genes close up (use on corpses) and then transmit those genes to people within a small radius (probably with an obvious message) instantly would be a good use of this concept i think
Gyrus Suspension is pretty much ALWAYS useful, too.
(08-20-2017, 02:41 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: i assume its one of the booster genes. that or radioactive cause that shit kills and is hard to stop if you don't know what you are doing.

Fun fact: The Radiation gene only seems to irradiate you to about 2GY, but can irradiate those around you to much higher numbers. Also, it's perfectly survivable with a couple of warm Donks. I've spent entire rounds as a radioactive staff assistant, about as obnoxious as it sounds.

But the activate-them-all booster gene? That'll mess you right up.
Less fun- radiation resistance will do NOTHING to prevent the 2GY from Radioactive.
I was actually talking about Spacial Destabilization, since it's fairly debilitating, takes away stability unlike most other negatives, and is easy to confuse with a Port sleepypen, but those others are probably fairly strong too.
(08-21-2017, 02:10 PM)awfulworldkid Wrote: I was actually talking about Spacial Destabilization, since it's fairly debilitating, takes away stability unlike most other negatives, and is easy to confuse with a Port sleepypen, but those others are probably fairly strong too.

But then I slap on my mag boots, and...
(08-17-2017, 01:22 PM)Cyfarfod Wrote: PDA cartridge, like the Detomax?  Condense all the functionality into an object that's already there?

I think your general idea makes a lot of sense.

just popping in this thread to say if this goes the "portable lab" route, having it be an upgraded deoxyribonucleic amigo cart (geneticist starting cart) seems like a good idea. I may or may not be saying this just because mailing the file to everyone sounds !!fun!!
(08-18-2017, 08:45 AM)Cyfarfod Wrote: Either a big bulky device that, as mentioned, gives the person you put into it just about every nasty thing imaginable (or that you load activators into -ACTIVATORS- which it then magically applies to anyone you put in it, whether they could normally have that stuff activated or not)...

Or what about a chameleon-bomb disguising device you load ONE INJECTOR into that then gives that mutation to anyone that comes within X tiles of it... unless they're wearing the special genetics jumpsuit you get along with it?  Would that be interesting?

I'm kinda partial to a mutagenic field bomb. Like the mutation only it sprays everyone in it's range with random mutations, mostly debilitating. A traitor genecitist could either throw one in the monkey pen and see what monkeys get horrible mutations for easy traitor sciencing, or release it somewhere like security.

Perhaps you could take the injector idea, and just make a bomb that makes a mutagenic field that gives people that injector. It's a one use way to mass spam a super power or disability.

Combine it with the mutagenic field mutation and suddenly everyone starts giving everyone else mutations.