Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
Any chance of Securi-borgs making a return?
Oh, nah, the brobocop is fine, it's a glorified assistant. I was referring more to the circumstances that would be needed for full on weapon-wielding borgs to return.
I was thinking something more that can arrest using an upgraded, self-recharging taser that has a long cooldown between shots (long enough for someone to get back up and run away), but the Brobocop seems pretty good. Though, it doesn't have any real way to murder people it looks like. The Hydroponics has a Chainsaw, Medical has Scalpels and Chems, Chem has Chems, Construction has Wirecutters, and I don't think the FUN Baton is enough to really murder someone considering it doesn't do damage (which is good, helps the borg's job). Perhaps give it a wrench as well for the portable flashes.
(08-18-2017, 04:11 AM)Roomba Wrote: Oh, nah, the brobocop is fine, it's a glorified assistant. I was referring more to the circumstances that would be needed for full on weapon-wielding borgs to return.

Oh ok.

God no, I'd hate any form of weaponised borg and would share your concern. It just wouldn't work, the borg rework that Marq did back yonder showed that borgs with flashes are outright cunts.

I'd like to see 1-2 strange modules out in space/for sale that might have some form of arbitrary stun weapon, but that's it. No replicating, and you'd gotta work to get it.

Youkcat Wrote:I was thinking something more that can arrest using an upgraded, self-recharging taser that has a long cooldown between shots (long enough for someone to get back up and run away), but the Brobocop seems pretty good. Though, it doesn't have any real way to murder people it looks like. The Hydroponics has a Chainsaw, Medical has Scalpels and Chems, Chem has Chems, Construction has Wirecutters, and I don't think the FUN Baton is enough to really murder someone considering it doesn't do damage (which is good, helps the borg's job). Perhaps give it a wrench as well for the portable flashes.

The other modules actually have a lot more nefarious tools than what you're mentioning. Check the thread link again, you'll notice what's what. Also the omnitool has a wrench.

The funbaton [...wifflebat frown....] purpose is to disarm, not kill. It's more of an annoying cardboard tube.
I am so excited for the brobocop. Sounds really awesome and Security has been in dire need of something new. Can't wait for it to be finished.
(08-18-2017, 01:09 AM)Technature Wrote: The other modules still give a fighting chance though.

You get stunned by a baton, you're not getting up, and if something that doesn't need to not kill you has ammunition as long as it has power, you can kiss your round goodbye right there.

While the other modules could kill a person without much effort, it's still SOME effort.  Even if you get the drop on someone, you still have to try.

med/chemborg have access to chemistry and can just sarinbomb/mix up some kind of poison to quickly murder you

construction borgs can depressurize areas quickly which is a death sentence unless you have internals/a space suit and can quickly beat you to death

botany borgs can just chainsaw you to death

so that's 4 out of 7-8 borg modules that have a way ruin your day with little to no effort

mining, standard, engineering are rarely ever used due to them being useless so im unfamiliar with their toolkit
What kinda arsenal do you guys think would be acceptable for a more traditional Secborg, unlike the Brobocop?

I've been thinking about that and had a few ideas, in no particular order or combination
  • Smoke dispenser: Just starts spraying out the smoke that comes from the riot launcher, hopefully disarming perps or obscuring their vision as a way to soften them up before officers come in
  • Oil Slick: Sprays some oil onto the floor to slip a fleeing suspect
  • Deployable blockade: The borg wrenches themselves into the ground, becoming an immovable object to block escape routes
  • Mobile armor: The Sec officer climbs into the borg and wears them as an exosuit, providing the officer with a boost in speed and defense
  • Heat Tracking: Similar to the way old thermals worked, to help seek out hiding suspects. Maybe even spot people behind bushes/inside lockers?
  • Securitron Dispensor: Can carry 1 secbot with them, and deploy it on the ground
  • Mobile Recharger: Can accept rechargeable weaponry and use it's internal battery to refill it
  • Mobile Gear Dispensor: Can dispense cuffs, flashes, flashbang, etc. All the stuff that is found in the regular sec vending machine
I think these would all fall firmly in the support role functionality

I do think linking them to a separate law network in Sec and sticking the module in the HoS locker is also a good idea.

EDIT: Actually, maybe put both in the armory and call it something like Riot Module

(08-18-2017, 09:13 AM)babayetu83 Wrote:
(08-18-2017, 01:09 AM)Technature Wrote: The other modules still give a fighting chance though.

You get stunned by a baton, you're not getting up, and if something that doesn't need to not kill you has ammunition as long as it has power, you can kiss your round goodbye right there.

While the other modules could kill a person without much effort, it's still SOME effort.  Even if you get the drop on someone, you still have to try.

med/chemborg have access to chemistry and can just sarinbomb/mix up some kind of poison to quickly murder you

construction borgs can depressurize areas quickly which is a death sentence unless you have internals/a space suit and can quickly beat you to death

botany borgs can just chainsaw you to death

so that's 4 out of 7-8 borg modules that have a way ruin your day with little to no effort

mining, standard, engineering are rarely ever used due to them being useless so im unfamiliar with their toolkit

Engineering borgs can pickup and place entire gas tanks, and they have welders so you can easily create plasma fires as well as repair yourself and other borgs.
Secborgs should spawn a counterfeit beepsky if they get gibbed
(08-18-2017, 04:07 AM)Sundance Wrote:

You get stunned by a baton, you're not getting up..

Roomba Wrote:Here's a thought I had:

The chief concern of people is that if secborgs are easily subverted, very few crewmembers would stand a fighting chance.

...Do they?

Are we still talking about the brobocop here, or some other concept of a secborg?

I thought we were on the full fledged securibot.

If we're not, then just disregard my opinion.  Brobocop seems fine since he has to rely on luck to kill something for the most part.
The only "weaponised" as in gun wielding borg I wouldnt mind seeing would be a syndicate borg for the nuke ops to use. They start with an operating table and cyborg limbs so I was dissapointed when I discovered they couldn't borg me.

Any kind of secborg stun module would have to be extremely limited, as in if you were to take the worst parts of the taser/baton and combine them, like a limited charge melee weapon that deals stamina damage and needs multiple hits to stop someone.
Does sec really need the extra firepower? Borgs have a lot of abilities that normal sec officers don't, so I'm a little wary of giving them such powerful helpers. Brobocop sounds great, though. If sec sucks for some reason, that should be tackled directly, rather than just adding a better sec that's not equipped to do anything but be sec.
Since the sprinting feature was added, which allows people to outrun and dodge taser shots easier (along with projectile lag), sec has been a little underpowered but it's not a problem that needs to be addressed with secborgs.
terrible idea: debris field contains a single secborg module hidden somewhere
Im down for a syndicate borg module
I am completely against the return of Security borgs for what should be obvious reasons at this point. But I am completely for Brobocop since it's a player controlled tool for Security. Seriously can't wait for that.