Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Short-Sighted Trait causes goggles to spawn out of nowhere sometimes
The circumstances that'd cause this to happen have both been items spawned by Artifacts, actually, but I'd imagine this is more general to anything that applies a similar effect of instantaneously stripping your inventory.

Anyways, the result of both Artifact items (an Owl Bomb and a Light Grenade) on my short-sighted Scientist character was that when stripped of all her gear, a pair of scanner goggles spawned alongside everything else- to my knowledge Short-Sighted keeps you from spawning with goggles in lieu of the glasses, so who knows where they came from. It's a hilariously minor bug that hardly affects anything gameplay-wise, but it's still probably worth noting in case it has similar effects on stuff more likely to affect the game.
Oh my god it's the diplomat clipboard bug or whatever it was

I actually know how this works. Let me explain.
When the character is created, the items are essentially put into your character like a container and theyre equipped from there, I think. What's happening is because you start with prescription glasses on, if you're a job that starts the round with goggles like a scientist (reagent scanners) or engineer (mesons), and presumably any other eyewear (do sec start with securihuds?) they will stay "in" your character. They are then released when all items are removed from your "container", either through forceful stripping or getting ashed. Presumably any way of getting gibbed would also release the goggles.

Edit: Actually I'm pretty sure the equipped items are "in" your container to begin with. The problem is that there's not two eyewear slots obviously, so one of them is forced to be in the weird aether. This happened with the diplomat or something before, where they started with a clipboard, briefcase, and pen I believe. Held the briefcase and pen on spawn, and the clipboard would mysterously appear when gibbed.
Do those aetherial items exist in the same sense that your organs do ? 
it'd be interesting to keep this as a feature, and add surgical methods to extract the mysterious objects.
(08-11-2017, 09:21 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Do those aetherial items exist in the same sense that your organs do ? 
it'd be interesting to keep this as a feature, and add surgical methods to extract the mysterious objects.

I'm pretty sure, yeah. In fact, I'm willing to bet that if you spawned with this problem, you could Midas Touch the goggles in a person much like any other item in their container such as limbs, clothes and organs.