Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Make the low population auto-shuttle unrecallable
We had a round today where the captain recalled the "everyone is dead" auto-shuttle call so he could keep doing telescience. On LLJK2. He was stuck in the first part of the Biodome for half an hour. The round continued for another half an hour with us screaming in ahelp before an admin (I assume) called the shuttle again. Everyone was dead and the game ground to a halt, which is both miserable and not fun.

The easiest way to fix this would be to make it so you can't recall the automatic emergency shuttle. Centcomm sent it because the captain did a terrible job and got everyone killed, why should he get to send it back?

e: This is specifically for LLJK2, not LLJK1.
+1 for this measure on LLJK2, not 1.
+1000 for this measure on LLJK2, not 1.
(08-10-2017, 08:34 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: +1 for this measure on LLJK2, not 1.
+1000 for this measure on LLJK2, not 1.

Yeah, not on LLJK1 since 3 hours of telescience shenanigans is what's expected. LLJK2 is the farty party fun time and someone doing an extended telescience excursion at the expense of 20 other players isn't fun.
I like this idea but only think it should be uncallable after a certain time in the round. I could see people calling the shuttle within the first 10 minutes of any low pop round and no one would be able to do anything to stop it.
They mean the 'the shuttle is called because everyone's dead' auto-shuttle, not just any regular lowpop shuttle. I'm of two minds about this. On one hand, it's a pretty clear 'you win, round functionally over, please move on' signal to antags, and the shuttle being recallable kinda takes away from that. On the other hand sometimes a rando hops onto a lowpop round, immediately suicides and triggers the auto-shuttle, when everyone else alive still feels like carrying on.
maybe with a low amount of people, or just when recalling at all, instead of it just being 'recall' its 'vote' which sends a message to everyone's PDA and if the majority says yes, its recalled, if not, it isnt. can still do it without the vote with packet magic maybe.

calling would be exactly the same, this would just be for recalling
mabye that guy should be screamed at, a lot, for being shit, and also jobbanned from command positions
(08-10-2017, 09:17 PM)Roomba Wrote: They mean the 'the shuttle is called because everyone's dead' auto-shuttle, not just any regular lowpop shuttle. I'm of two minds about this. On one hand, it's a pretty clear 'you win, round functionally over, please move on' signal to antags, and the shuttle being recallable kinda takes away from that. On the other hand sometimes a rando hops onto a lowpop round, immediately suicides and triggers the auto-shuttle, when everyone else alive still feels like carrying on.
Yep. That's how I see it.

My favorite solution was having a non-recallable shuttle at 50-60 minutes when there's less than 10 people or thereabout. Also helps with the situation where you have no head IDs/nerd expertise, which happens quite often.
(08-10-2017, 09:17 PM)Roomba Wrote:  On the other hand sometimes a rando hops onto a lowpop round, immediately suicides and triggers the auto-shuttle, when everyone else alive still feels like carrying on.

Then make it unrecallable only if there was more than X players in the round. That way it is recallable on lowpop, not recallable after a more populated round were an antag did their job. It could still happen on low pop after a number of suicides when it reaches the unrecallable threshold, but by the time that happens you would have already some time to enjoy your low pop round anyway. Or you are unlucky and 10 people suicided in 5 min.
(08-10-2017, 08:30 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: We had a round today where the captain recalled the "everyone is dead" auto-shuttle call so he could keep doing telescience. On LLJK2. He was stuck in the first part of the Biodome for half an hour. The round continued for another half an hour with us screaming in ahelp before an admin (I assume) called the shuttle again. Everyone was dead and the game ground to a halt, which is both miserable and not fun.

Oh shit, I think I was the captain for that round.

I had no idea it was an auto-shuttle call.

I support this so I don't accidentally ruin literally 80% of the server's fun.  Again.

I also blame literally everyone else on the outgoing team cause they all told me to recall the shuttle in the first place