Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Backup experimental generators
As far as I know that's exactly how it works, it's /area bound. Place it in an area, such as the bridge, it will detect the area and will distribute power. Whether it goes through the APC or whether it just acts as an APC i'm not 100% too sure. This seems to be also why new constructions in space such as doors/lights/computers are magically powered as they're not bound to anything. Personally i'd like to see constructable APC's that aren't weird like APC-U's but magic power is ok too I guess, for the effort construction takes already.

As for the post, I'm not fond of getting things that you should pay for and giving it to the crewmember. Quite the opposite, I feel like we should be paying for more things, not less. Another topic for another day I guess.

The price of the back up experimental generator needs to be lowered signficantly, I will say that. 3000-4000 at most as it can only offer power to one room at a time, and at a cost of using resources. Sure it can charge batteries, but to put those batteries into an APC you need to be an engineer and if you are one you have access to a ton of batteries already + you can hack into robotics. It's just not worth that cost.

Messages In This Thread
Backup experimental generators - by Superlagg - 08-09-2017, 08:04 AM
RE: Backup experimental generators - by Superlagg - 08-09-2017, 11:29 AM
RE: Backup experimental generators - by Superlagg - 08-10-2017, 07:49 AM
RE: Backup experimental generators - by Sundance - 08-10-2017, 08:43 AM
RE: Backup experimental generators - by Superlagg - 08-11-2017, 08:40 AM
RE: Backup experimental generators - by misto - 08-18-2017, 02:51 PM
RE: Backup experimental generators - by Flourish - 08-18-2017, 03:29 PM
RE: Backup experimental generators - by Superlagg - 08-19-2017, 07:14 AM