Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Moving with a container bug
Like the title says. I.e. opening a box within your bag, and moving, causes the inventory to close out completely. Not sure if intended or not.
If you got the glasses from the pool those are just tanning sunglasses. Examine them and they tell you they only protect your eyes from the tanning bed.
Are you sure they were normal sunglasses and not the tanning ones? The sunglasses by the pool only work in the tanning bed.
Seems the OP changed the title after our posts....
(08-09-2017, 01:00 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Seems the OP changed the title after our posts....

Yeah, I had two bug reports and I dunno how to delete posts. So I scrapped the first one, since it wasn't a bug like I thought, then replaced it with this one.
(08-09-2017, 01:05 AM)Hikurac Wrote:
(08-09-2017, 01:00 AM)Ed Venture Wrote: Seems the OP changed the title after our posts....

Yes I did, because I had two bug reports and dunno how to delete posts. So I scrapped the first one, since it wasn't a bug like I thought, then replaced it with this one.

For future reference you can't delete a post. At most on some of the other sub-forums you can edit your post.
I was very confused for a minute.

The container within a container closing when you move has been around for a while. I'm not sure if it's considered a feature though.
I think it's the way containers are handled that causes this.  

To interact with a container, you have to be on or near the tile it is on.

A container worn or held in hand constantly exists on the tile you're on, but a container in a container is stuck on the tile you created it on by rummaging through the first container.
Yeah I knew it had existed for a while. Was just wondering if it could ever be addressed, as I believe it's not an issue on any other codebase, and it's a real pain when you're trying to get an item out without moving, while floating in space (or just in general).
i thought it was a feature. you know how hard it is to open a box inside your backpack while wearing it and while running at full speed?
(08-09-2017, 12:41 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: i thought it was a feature. you know how hard it is to open a box inside your backpack while wearing it and while running at full speed?

I mean maybe, but it's mostly just an annoyance, if anything. I guess if it's intentional, then I could make a QoL feature request for it be removed and see if people like the idea.
it's a feature im pretty sure, make a request