Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
beef up helmets and armor
imho it's kinda dumb that the captain's armor is as strong as regular security armor. Also, helmets should be beefed up a bit because it's quite common that punching someone in the face who got a helmet on can get knocked out. Armor really does way too little right now imho and it'd be nice to see it get a minor upgrade
agreed Tip of the Hat
The helmets don't cover the face
yeah armor needs a minor buff, if I have a choice between armor and a space suit I always take the suit.
it's kinda lame how space suit helmets protect the head more than actual helmets ingame
OMJ Wrote:it's kinda lame how space suit helmets protect the head more than actual helmets ingame
make perfect sense, though.Space suit helmets have to deal with a lot more pressure and damage than the human fist can deliver.
People who have armor likely have batons or guns that guarantees a stun on hit. That's a pretty big additional advantage.

If knockouts were changed from a lucky roll of the rng to a variable that increased at every received punch or toolbox, until a KO/KD threshold, unarmed combat could be less random and require a more use of the environment.
Incidentally, armored people would get... a slight boost.
I gave armor and helmets a stealth buff against weapons, punches and disarm shoves recently, but I guess it wasn't enough for anyone to notice.
Cogwerks Wrote:I gave armor and helmets a stealth buff against weapons, punches and disarm shoves recently, but I guess it wasn't enough for anyone to notice.
What? How does wearing a helmet make it harder to knock a gun out of someone's hand?
Dauntasa Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:I gave armor and helmets a stealth buff against weapons, punches and disarm shoves recently, but I guess it wasn't enough for anyone to notice.
What? How does wearing a helmet make it harder to knock a gun out of someone's hand?
space science obviously
Dauntasa Wrote:What? How does wearing a helmet make it harder to knock a gun out of someone's hand?
He said disarm shoves, not disarms. Presumably, he means it's harder to knock the person down, not that it's harder to knock a weapon out of their hands.
oh yeah the captain armor should cover up the whole body imo