Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major weldfuel explosions go through walls for no obvious reason
You can wear a firesuit and basically shrug off the explosion FYI.
(08-08-2017, 11:21 PM)Berrik Wrote: bathe people on the other side in horrible horrible fire.

(08-16-2017, 02:46 AM)Berrik Wrote: You can wear a firesuit and basically shrug off the explosion FYI.
Berrik, what side are you on exactly?
I want fire to not magically go through walls.
(08-16-2017, 09:47 AM)Berrik Wrote: I want fire to not magically go through walls.

why bother, if apparently you can just wear a firesuit and shrug off the explosion?
(08-16-2017, 12:46 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 09:47 AM)Berrik Wrote: I want fire to not magically go through walls.

why bother, if apparently you can just wear a firesuit and shrug off the explosion?

I assume he was talking about the guy lighting the tanks being in little or no danger compared to the people hit by it, which I guess is problematic considering how low-effort and cheap fuel tank bombing is.
you dont at all need a firesuit to bomb people easily. throw a match and run.

dont complain about how easy it is to weldbomb when theres plenty of easy ways to bomb people (namely chemistry, lots of easy booms, even to an idiot like me) and weldbombing is just easiest.

if weldbombing is changed/removed people will just switch to a better, bigger boom
(08-16-2017, 09:13 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: you dont at all need a firesuit to bomb people easily. throw a match and run.

If you do that in a public place like the shuttle people can just remove the ignition source from under the fuel tank.

But you can just sit there holding a fuel tank, wearing a firesuit, hit the tank with an igniter to make sure it goes off, and suffer only minor damage from it.
(08-17-2017, 05:40 AM)Dr Zoidcrab Wrote:
(08-16-2017, 09:13 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote: you dont at all need a firesuit to bomb people easily. throw a match and run.

If you do that in a public place like the shuttle people can just remove the ignition source from under the fuel tank.

But can just sit there holding a fuel tank, wearing a firesuit, hit the tank with an igniter to make sure it goes off, and suffer only minor damage from it.

if someone manages to set off a weldbomb on the escape shuttle the crew deserves to burn due to their incompetence. those things are not subtle
Quote:I assume he was talking about the guy lighting the tanks being in little or no danger compared to the people hit by it, which I guess is problematic considering how low-effort and cheap fuel tank bombing is.

Bingo. It's an especially unfair tactic against blobs, as, while it won't kill the core, the blob has zero ways to do anything about it and it will remove a wide swathe.
The downside to using it is that you leave your fingerprints on these things that were very obviously used to do harm to people and the station, and would at least give a hint to their job.

Which would be a very real downside if security had people in it.

Hint hint wink wink nudge nudge.
You could just wear gloves that have nothing to do with your job if you're going to go welderbombing. No one ever arrests the chef for welderbombing after forensics found insulative fibers.