Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Let us cram metal sheets, glass, and wires into manufacturers again
(08-10-2017, 04:40 AM)Sundance Wrote: Material code is a nightmare because of all this tooing and froing between what seems to work and what definitely doesn't. While on paper 1:1 seems like a good solution it WILL create duplicates. Here's an example:

Process 1 tile = 1 bar. Process 1 bar = 1 sheet. Process 1 sheet for (I believe it’s 4?) tiles. Use one of those tiles to start again. Suddenly you have 26 bars from processing a single tile. Not good.

OR it could create the opposite effect, example:

Process 1 tile = 1 bar. Process 1 bar = 1 sheet. Process 1 sheet for 1 tile. Infer that 1 bar = 1 metal tile. That's utterly wasteful and would require like 36 metal bars for 36 metal tiles.

Your second example (which is what I meant when I said 1:1) would only be wasteful if there were no changes whatsoever to default material availability, and even now mining almost always ends up with a massive excess of basic materials, and cargo can buy glass and steel for ten credits per sheet. It also means you don't have to pry up 40 floor tiles or break 20 grilles to get 1 bar of material, or 40/20 bars because of dupe bugs.

I also think the ability to make 10 reinforced windows out of a single block of uqill or plasmaglass is a bit much.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Let us cram metal sheets, glass, and wires into manufacturers again - by Dr Zoidcrab - 08-10-2017, 07:22 AM