Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Janitor and Chaplain's lockers
As you might know, Janitor and Chaplain got ID locked lockers that prevent their galoshes/sandals from being stolen.
It was fine before, wasnt it? With those lockers you cant steal the second galoshes pair from a janitor that has been wetting already clean floors without taking them off his feet. bonus points for leaving a note in his custodial closet
Also janitor/chaplain get their footwear as soon as they spawn, and there would be only one pair available on the station without much of a fuss. while there are two flashes on the station
Im possibly missing arguments to actially answer the question "Why would we change it back?"
If im wrong, tell me why should we ID lock those. Im just suggesting to change it back.
they should be id locked cause latejoin, and janitor spawns with black shoes, not galoshes. the same thing for chaplain, it's just a bit odd how those were the only two jobs that didn't have ID locked containers
It also makes thievery harder than just hacking open a door/dismantling a table/dismantling a window, actually requiring a bit of access or mechanics fuckery
(08-08-2017, 08:32 AM)brojob Wrote: they should be id locked cause latejoin, and janitor spawns with black shoes, not galoshes. the same thing for chaplain, it's just a bit odd how those were the only two jobs that didn't have ID locked containers

Yeah, but, why would they be locked away? 
I think that having galoshes & sandals like it was before creates fun. Even if its that guy again that takes both and starts slipping everyone, he will eventually get them taken away from him. It creates some action on the station too, and that aint bad. How many rounds ended because the antags killed themselves, nothing was going on and eventually the shuttle was called because it was 80+ minutes and everything was boring? Its always fun to fart on someone's face after you stole his hat, or maybe get farted on and learn something, something that you missed and what was the reason you failed? Or you could just look at those two doofuses farting on each other. Now its just behind a lock and "Serious Business Only" note. Mechanics are not an option because only old players know em, mostly. Stealing access might actially stimulate more players talking, trading obsidian crown for all access? but IMO at that point i would just give up and keep running around, simply ignoring that janitor. also when chaplain was actially using his sandals to fight the wizard for example? or combining with banana peels and some weapon as an antag?
This just feels like you want an easy way to get no-slip footwear every round. If that's the issue, mag boots give you the same effect and are stored out in the open.
Counter suggestion: make the second pair in a normal id'less locker. Everyone wins
I just wanted to return it as it was, because i thought that would be better. Well, if everyone likes it as it is, so be it.
just mug the chaplain/janitor for their sandals/galoshes
Seems odd to have the two things most well known to allow you to run without caring about water and their locations should be easy to get for anyone if the people supposed to use them don't grab them.

I don't think the change is necessary.