Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Inventory Box Broke? Backpack bug?
This is a one off glitch and I have absolutely no idea what triggered it.

When fiddling with the starting internals box, somehow I completely broke it, causing it to be stuck in spot in my backpack, almost like an icon. I couldn't remove the box or access it's contents, and items stacked on top of it. Opening the backpack while it was on the floor also caused the box to appear on the side of the screen, where it would be it I had accessed my backpack while wearing it.

[Image: a52d3a4fd283aa564004d0f08a1f376f.png]

Removing everything from my backpack left it stuck at the position shown; as in, it didn't feed up or down depending on backpack contents.

Basically, I have no idea what happened here, or even how to describe it, other than "something broke." If it helps, I was accessing the box via click dragging, so that I didn't need to take it out of my inventory.

This is tagged as major because this could hypothetically fuck someone over very badly if it occurred at the wrong time, either in making an item unusable, or a container unusable.
I have had this happen in the past when I dragged an item from my backpack to a locker/crate. It would slide the object into the locker but "freeze" the sprite in whatever item slot it was previously resting in.
Temporary fix: hold the glitched container and click-drag onto the floor to dump all contents out.

The bugged sprite may still be there but none of the container slots will be taken up.