Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Glass floortiles
Reinforced glass and plasma glass should be able to be made into floortiles that you can see space through. There is no way this can possibly go wrong.
(07-31-2017, 03:41 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: There is no way this can possibly go wrong.
<parf> but then my spaceman with spacephobia will scream and pass out every fucking second whenever he'd pass through on one
(07-31-2017, 03:57 PM)parf Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 03:41 PM)Lord Birb Wrote: There is no way this can possibly go wrong.
<parf> but then my spaceman with spacephobia will scream and pass out every fucking second whenever he'd pass through on one

I see no problem with that.
sounds fun. would it still need a lattice underneath, and if so, would glass tiles hide it?
I was thinking that we would just put glass tiles on top of untiled plating and it would magically become see-through. Don't question it.
(07-31-2017, 07:55 PM)medsal15 Wrote:
(07-31-2017, 03:57 PM)parf Wrote:

I see no problem with that.
It's a feature.
I like this idea. Space floors are a cool building touch and 100% safe.
I'd be for just making glass floor tiles on the lattice, so you'd have to melt an existing floor or build in empty space. Keep the ability to smash through the window floors like a regular window wall though.
(08-01-2017, 01:05 PM)atamusvaleo Wrote: I'd be for just making glass floor tiles on the lattice, so you'd have to melt an existing floor or build in empty space. Keep the ability to smash through the window floors like a regular window wall though.

The problem with that is with how atmos works it would end up venting the area and be nearly impossible to repressurize, meaning they would almost never be used.
could make them like the ones at centcom
(08-01-2017, 02:06 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(08-01-2017, 01:05 PM)atamusvaleo Wrote: I'd be for just making glass floor tiles on the lattice, so you'd have to melt an existing floor or build in empty space. Keep the ability to smash through the window floors like a regular window wall though.

The problem with that is with how atmos works it would end up venting the area and be nearly impossible to repressurize, meaning they would almost never be used.

see: windows anyway, this just adds more windows
(08-01-2017, 02:06 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:

I mean... that's not really an issue. People often build new rooms and repairs are needed continually.

So far as repressurizing goes, we need more of the high-capacity air canisters instead of the low-capacity canisters scattered throughout maintenance. One of the high-cap canisters can repressurize a hall in seconds if you set the pressure to 800 kpa, open it up, and drag it around the room.