Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[QOL] Material Sheet Recipe in Fabricator should create 10 sheets
It's sort of tough to create the HELL CHAPEL or THE DREAD FORTRESS SECURITY when you can only get one material sheet at a time out of the fabricator, especially when you've got to dismember practically every monkey in every vending machine on the station just to get enough bone to make a single stack of Bone sheets.

Could this be bumped up to match the values as they are in the General Manufacturer, which is 10 sheets for each bar of mauxite, or 10 panes of glass for each block of molitz?
Is it that way with the gen-manu? I remember making sheets in the general manufacturer only produces one sheet now per value of mauxite, spitting out literally one sheet. Am I reading you wrong?

I agree that it should be bumped up to 10 for construction things such as metal/glass
(07-30-2017, 03:23 AM)Sundance Wrote: Is it that way with the gen-manu? I remember making sheets in the general manufacturer only produces one sheet now per value of mauxite, spitting out literally one sheet. Am I reading you wrong?

I agree that it should be bumped up to 10 for construction things such as metal/glass

You are correct on that front, but one bar is worth 10 units in the manufacturer
I'm of the unpopular opinion that the metal/glass sheet blueprints should be changed to use an entire bar, and the amount of starting bars increased to compensate. That would help solve the current duplication exploit and allow us to use sheets in the reclaimer normally. You shouldn't be able to make ten windows from a single block of uqill or plasmaglass etc.

Is it possible to get bone from synthlimbs? If so that might solve your scarcity problem.
Keep the x1 recipe, and add a x10 recipe. And maybe even a x100 recipe.
Whoops! I'm talking about the custom material recipe in the Refining nano-fabricator, which allows you to make material sheets from custom materials.

It's sort of a drag right now as, to make something called BONE, you need one bar of mauxite and three bone clumps to essentially come away with one sheet of the custom material in question, which is a drag as THE DREAD FORTRESS SECURITY sort of needs a lot more BONE to get that scary "I will grind your body to build our brig" look.