Mentor Application: Calebc789
Usual Character Name: Richard Maycroft
BYOND Username: Calebc789
Recommended by (if applicable): Avack, Sartorius7, I think fosstar asked me to apply a while back?
Times Available: Pretty random, but it's usually within 7-8 AM and 9-10 PM Pacific Standard Time
Reason for Application + Game Experience (300 word minimum): I've been playing on Goon for at least a year or two, sometime during or after 2016, though I've been around SS13 in general for longer, originally starting on Yog, and then moving to Hippie back when it was good, and then moving to Goon once Hippie started falling apart. I also sometimes play on tgstation's Terry server.

I have quite a bit of experience in most jobs on the station, though I've yet to tackle higher concepts like the ThinkDOS and DWAINE operating systems, GoonChem and packet science. I think my least-played job is Security Officer, but I'm not sure what my most-played is. I just sort of meander around and take whatever job I feel like. Usually AI, Genetics, Detective, or just plain staff assistant if I'm late-joining.

I want to become a mentor because I really like this game, and this community. There is nothing else in the world right now like Space Station 13. This is the kind of game where a suicide cult can spontaneously form around skating so hard that you clip through walls, break the light barrier, and ascend to Skate Nirvana. This is the kind of game where a good mechanic can create anything from a prisoner's dilemma game to a crusher machine made out of several airlocks built on top of eachother. This is the kind of game where a traitor can kidnap people via telescience and force them to answer trivia questions for their survival. And that is just what can happen without admin intervention.

That's why I like this game, and I want to be able to help people get into the game better by becoming a mentor. It helps that I already try to answer any newbie questions helpfully anyway. I asked people on mentorhelp whether I should apply, and they said I should. So here it is.

Previous Bans (While this will not affect your application lying about it will): Nothing that I can remember beyond screwing up as a ghost drone a year ago and requesting a ban because of it.
I don't know how much you know, but you seem some what reliable on info when it comes to some basic questions I see asked over the 149.5 channel, but this application seems to be lacking information your experience and knowledge but instead seems to have just some events that could happen and not actual knowledge you could apply.

it's a NO from me.

Maybe making a better application with more info on what you know and what you have experience in and my answer may change.
Been good when I've played with him. Seems to know plenty enough to me. I recommended and I'll stand by that with a "Yes".
While I definitely know the name and know you can answer stuff, your application is pretty short and lacks what you actually know about the game. If it fails, try again. A yes from me however
I've seen you around and know you aren't a trash person but I don't know a lot about how you would fit as mentor material. Not to say you wouldn't I just personally don't have much to go on.

Along with that this application is less talking about why you should be a mentor and more talking about why ss13 is a fun game??? So I can't really get an idea from that either.
I'm going to have to say no for now simply for the low effort application but could be convinced by a better one.
Yeah, I probably should have made something better. Too much about why I wanted to become a mentor and not enough about my actual qualifications. Maybe I'll try again in a couple months.
Your application has been denied due to lack of support. Better luck next time!