Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Traitor Katana 2.0
THE TRAITOR KATANA LIVES
IT ONLY TOOK A YEAR AND A HALF!
(07-28-2017, 03:38 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(07-28-2017, 03:30 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Yesssss, it’s cursed and can’t be put away or dropped until it’s tasted blood. Also, seconded cutting heads off but only if the target is out of limbs.

cursed sounds like his grace all over again. maybe make a cursed variant if you want, but the default isnt cursed

Temper it with soulsteel to trap the ghosts of the people you kill inside it, hivemind style.

Quote:Does spinning or twirling the item sometimes fail and cause you to lop off an arm or leg? 

Because it should.

Would be neat if the sword has a clean and a bloody state, and a twirl would fling blood off similar to a throat slash suicide and clean the the blade.

Also a part of me think the sheathe should also be a weapon, for non-lethally bonking people
(07-28-2017, 10:10 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
Quote:Does spinning or twirling the item sometimes fail and cause you to lop off an arm or leg? 

Because it should.

Would be neat if the sword has a clean and a bloody state, and a twirl would fling blood off similar to a throat slash suicide and clean the the blade.

Also a part of me think the sheathe should also be a weapon, for non-lethally bonking people

ooh yes should be able to bonk with the sword while its in the sheath. if holding sheath with sword inside, does bonk instead of cut. stun? just some brute? idk
Hey, this is pretty neat!

One request: Can the sheath fit on either the belt or back for maximum tactical ninja action?

And will there be a fake version in the station vault whoops wrong server!
(08-02-2017, 06:03 AM)Grifflez Wrote: Hey, this is pretty neat!

One request: Can the sheath fit on either the belt or back for maximum tactical ninja action?

And will there be a fake version in the station vault whoops wrong server!

Sadly, I am not a good enough artist to implement a sheath on-belt sprite, but I can make it so the katana can be drawn from the belt slot as opposed to needing to use both hands to do it. This will probably be added along with the limbs and then head decapitation thing, and will be posted to the github page later today.

ATM it cannot be seen when worn on the belt slot, which is not something I can fix without sprites for it. If someone's up for making tiny-ass sprites for the belt slot sheath, I would be very grateful.
I can whip up a sprite for the belt slot tonight unless someone else gets to it first.
You can now decapitate people if all of their limbs are removed, and the Katana can now be drawn (and sheathed again) while the sheath is in your belt slot.

Oh yeah, and now you can't target yourself and cut your own limbs off by accident. Woops.
(08-02-2017, 10:35 AM)robertmanbob Wrote: Oh yeah, and now you can't target yourself and cut your own limbs off by accident. Woops.

why would you remove something like that
Make it so cutting off your limbs by mistake is an effect of the clumsiness mutation or brain damage.
Include a suicide option to commit Sudoku Seppuku.

Because somewhere, you realize that you lost any honor you had had no honor in the first place really.
(08-02-2017, 12:41 PM)Technature Wrote: Include a suicide option to commit Sudoku Seppuku.

Because somewhere, you realize that you lost any honor you had had no honor in the first place really.

Already exists in the patch.
(08-02-2017, 01:06 PM)Lord Birb Wrote:
(08-02-2017, 12:41 PM)Technature Wrote: Include a suicide option to commit Sudoku Seppuku.

Already exists in the patch.

[Image: im_too_dumb_to_read_this_baby_shirt-rbd3...hu_324.jpg]
Let's hope a year is a long enough wait for this to be added.
Well it was fairly simple. I just moved the current hand sprites and made a minor alterations. Should be good. Here's the katana dmi with the belt slot sprites added...

Hmm. That's strange. I can't attach files to posts in the patch section? Oh, well. I'll put it on my google drive then: 

FREE CANDY!