Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bug or feature?: End-game nuke team message
Usually, after the nuke goes off, you get told who was each member of the team, and marked either Alive, AWOL or dead. But now the new change to nuke rounds means that they all get marked as dead no matter what they do.

Pretty redundant, but funny.
the syndicate can't have any loose ends.
They get blown up by a NUKE.

Although it would be nice to know who died before the nuke was set off and who still was alive and kicking.

It should be changed to something like "KIA" for those who died in the field, MIA instead of AWOL, and just "Dead" for everyone else at the end.
feature. Everyone in the game gets fried by the nuke blast, the game procs check to see who's alive but everyone's dead before that step.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:feature. Everyone in the game gets fried by the nuke blast, the game procs check to see who's alive but everyone's dead before that step.
That's the problem, what's the point in seeing who is alive (or even having code to check for it) when EVERYONE just died?

I do like Sord213's idea.
UrsulaMejor Wrote:feature. Everyone in the game gets fried by the nuke blast, the game procs check to see who's alive but everyone's dead before that step.
Does this actually happen? I haven't played much over the last week or two, but at least recently, everyone on the station has still been alive after the blast (just hidden behind the message), able to talk normally and that sort of thing.
Admiral jimbob Wrote:
Does this actually happen? I haven't played much over the last week or two, but at least recently, everyone on the station has still been alive after the blast (just hidden behind the message), able to talk normally and that sort of thing.

yeah it's a pretty recent new feature.
From what I understand, the ending of nuke mode was changed.
http://autisticpowers.info/ss13/wiki/Changelog
Thursday, May 2th, 2013
as I understood it, the nuke agents were always brainwashed and/or genetically engineered soldiers that were as loyal as they were dispensable.

kind of like in that old squad-based real-time strategy game where corporations used mind controlled agents to fight over control of the world's consumers. What was that game called again?
whether or not it's a suicide mission it's still cool to see who's still alive/dead/in captivity to get a sense of how well the crew did
Yeah, it's not gonna stay the way it is with everyone getting marked dead, I just thought it was kinda funny to leave for a week or two until i figure out a workaround
It used to work but it bugged out during shroom station, not sure what's with people coming up with these backstories to explain why its not broken though.
FrontlineAcrobat4 Wrote:It used to work but it bugged out during shroom station, not sure what's with people coming up with these backstories to explain why its not broken though.

Dude, I need to get a good lore going, I've already ghost written 6 books in my upcoming SS13 paperback series, with original characters such as George Felons, Myam A. Crooke, and Old Man Genkins.