Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
remove THC from the addict trait
(08-05-2017, 12:21 PM)LuigiThirty Wrote: Maybe you don’t...

i mean, a lot of people react to it differently but the majority of people that use cannabis that i know do not vomit from not smoking. i just want the penalties in game relaxed, cause you can't get an addiction from smoking it in-game, it's only accessible via addict trait. if i can't get it in game why should the trait have it?
TBH I'd like to see even more variation in the addiction, overdose, and withdrawal mechanics depending on what kind of drug it is.
Addict should have a small chance of being addicted to absolutely any chem.
including mundane shit like water or cheese.
including poisons too.
maybe not disease reagents.
As much as I am for "features", poisons seem like a shitty thing to be addicted to.
(08-06-2017, 01:19 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Addict should have a small chance of being addicted to absolutely any chem.
including poisons too.

if the addict trait functioned like this instead, then i wouldn't have an issue with THC being addictive but i don't think i'd want to spawn addicted to cyanide. im for being addicted to any harmless (or less harmful than a poison) reagents
presenting the new, hip, tending addiction: Sarin addiction!
(08-06-2017, 01:19 PM)John Warcrimes Wrote: Addict should have a small chance of being addicted to absolutely any chem.
including poisons too.

Isn't everyone IRL addict to water to the point where we can't live without it?
It would be interesting if tolerance was a factor, and an addict that routinely exposes themselves to a chem would have to take increasingly larger amounts to both have an effect and satisfy their addiction.

The idea of someone addicted to sarin becoming so tolerant to it that it's like soda pop to them would be funny and lead to some Princess Bride gambits
(08-06-2017, 09:41 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: The idea of someone addicted to sarin becoming so tolerant to it that it's like soda pop to them would be funny and lead to some Princess Bride gambits
Isn't there a thing where once enough people sign the same Faustian contract it gets replaced with a random weaker but infinite-use effect? That would be a good effect for one of those. You become addicted too, but at the same time immune to, a random powerful poison.
(07-30-2017, 09:18 PM)Mageziya Wrote: I mean, under the logic of this thread, remove coffee addiction.

that's not what i'm saying, i'm talking about the trait that you choose before round start that spawns you with an addiction to a random drug, bath salts, meth, crank, etc. it's not in the trait's pool for you to randomly spawn with a caffeine addiction and i'm not even sure if you can get addicted to caffeine in the game
Coffee addiction is a thing in this game, though it's phrased quite literally as coffee addiction, not caffeine addiction.
(08-07-2017, 12:46 PM)Mageziya Wrote: Coffee addiction is a thing in this game, though it's phrased quite literally as coffee addiction, not caffeine addiction.

okay thank you for clearing that up, however i have never spawned with coffee addiction with the addict trait, so i don't understand why THC would be included
(08-06-2017, 09:41 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: It would be interesting if tolerance was a factor, and an addict that routinely exposes themselves to a chem would have to take increasingly larger amounts to both have an effect and satisfy their addiction.

The idea of someone addicted to sarin becoming so tolerant to it that it's like soda pop to them would be funny and lead to some Princess Bride gambits

That's brilliant actually. 
For the super toxic chems just start the addict out with a high enough tolerance to not be immediately killed by the toxin. 
For extra fun, have two thresholds for poisonous chems. A lower one which satisfies the craving, and one juuust above it which is where the poison actually surpasses your tolerance. So a nerd addict can do some math and safely spend the round sipping on phlogiston, but get distracted and oops, overdose now you're on fire.
(08-10-2017, 11:23 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote:
(08-06-2017, 09:41 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: It would be interesting if tolerance was a factor, and an addict that routinely exposes themselves to a chem would have to take increasingly larger amounts to both have an effect and satisfy their addiction.

That's brilliant actually. 
For the super toxic chems just start the addict out with a high enough tolerance to not be immediately killed by the toxin. 
For extra fun, have two thresholds for poisonous chems. A lower one which satisfies the craving, and one juuust above it which is where the poison actually surpasses your tolerance. So a nerd addict can do some math and safely spend the round sipping on phlogiston, but get distracted and oops, overdose now you're on fire.

You should be able to addict yourself to dangerous chems without already being addicted, simply by taking sub-1u amounts of it repetitively until you build up enough of a tolerance to take addiction-worthy amounts. Would be hilarious to see a hard drinker become immune to alcohol and destroy the entire bar in drinking contests.
I'm addicted to water IRL