Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
remove THC from the addict trait
you can't become physically dependant on cannabis, and i have never heard of anything like that happening to anyone and i am friends with a lot of marijuana enthusiasts. plus, i smoke it in game and never contract a chemical dependancy to it, so why should it be included in the addict trait?
Agreed. This seems like a oversight.
Remove cigarettes, too. I can stop anytime I want
that's the joke
i'm addicted to weed irl
I'm of the opinion that "dude, I'm not addicted, I just need it to mellow out and get bitchy if I can't get any" is basically an addiction. Conversely, random people asking for weed consistently from botany is a given anyway, so it's not like it's hard to source. I'd be for removing it solely because it's not as debilitating as an addiction to some of the other addictive reagents.
10% chance every time you inhale to develop an addiction to crank / bath salts / krokodil / lsd / jenkem
it’s a gateway drug
Actually there's a strong debate about if you can become psychologically dependant as opposed to physiologically, so what I'm saying here is add slot machines to the addict trait.

Or holy god don't bring realism and especially not loaded arguments into this game's mechanics, particularly where related to drugs

Hell LSD isn't even a contact chem and that's bothered me for ages, mostly because I want to pour LSD on people.
(07-30-2017, 07:45 PM)SageAcrin Wrote: holy god don't bring realism and especially not loaded arguments into this game's mechanics

This.
I think the way weed works in game is supposed to be how like an 11 year old understands it, you take a weed leaf and roll it up in some paper!

I think the "being addicted to weed" thing plays into this
I mean, under the logic of this thread, remove coffee addiction.
is that a weed?!

no this is a crayon

we could have a secondary type of addiction that's just like, "you crave marijuana" and yelling and stuff cause you want your fix or are stressed about not getting it or some shit
If anything, weed could probably use a few benefits. Maybe it could boost the healing you get from eating?
(07-30-2017, 09:28 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: If anything, weed could probably use a few benefits. Maybe it could boost the healing you get from eating?

weed makes you have a hunger system. weed gives you the hunger from the motives system.