Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Official(?) Alcatraz Station Discussion
Could you show me it in use? I'm having a hard time figuring out what it is from that image. Half wall, as in a cubicle wall or a short wall that you can see over?
The PTL runs through genetics? My god, that's brilliant! You turn it up to full power and the monkeys take care of the geneticists for ya!

I'm a big fan of 'asteroid converted into space station' type maps.

I can't really tell from the preview images, but are there no areas of solid rock that someone can dig through to get behind a secure area such as the brig?
Hello everyone, I am dumb as ever and just got back to doing this stuff.

(07-31-2017, 07:29 AM)atamusvaleo Wrote: Could you show me it in use? I'm having a hard time figuring out what it is from that image. Half wall, as in a cubicle wall or a short wall that you can see over?

This is the closest thing I have at the moment, it's the same as the bar stage on the Destiny map:

[Image: WIQu4LO.png]

Basically it takes up an edge of a tile like a window and prevents passage while adding the cool pseudo 3D whatever effect.

(08-01-2017, 08:41 AM)Grifflez Wrote: The PTL runs through genetics? My god, that's brilliant! You turn it up to full power and the monkeys take care of the geneticists for ya!

I'm a big fan of 'asteroid converted into space station' type maps. 

I can't really tell from the preview images, but are there no areas of solid rock that someone can dig through to get behind a secure area such as the brig?

There are plenty of spaces to dig in to break in around, you might need a welder and wrench for the last wall though. The brig is surrounded by hallways, but the Armory is encased in rock. Of course I'm still working on it and it can be changed around.
Are there basic (ie: non-powered) pickaxes in maint tunnels for easier digging?
I really hope this becomes the new normalpop map when it's done. It looks like it could be really cool.
Hello folks, I am still alive and working on this, I'm going to start actually playing Space Station 13 a lot more too.

I like to think I have been affected by the opposite of the famous "Noah Buttes' Borg Patch Curse" - but I don't kiss and tell.
(09-11-2017, 12:50 PM)Arborinus Wrote: Hello folks, I am still alive and working on this, I'm going to start actually playing Space Station 13 a lot more too.

I like to think I have been affected by the opposite of the famous "Noah Buttes' Borg Patch Curse" - but I don't kiss and tell.

please define 'opposite' of the curse of death. did not working on the patch make you super lucky for a while?
(09-15-2017, 04:30 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(09-11-2017, 12:50 PM)Arborinus Wrote: Hello folks, I am still alive and working on this, I'm going to start actually playing Space Station 13 a lot more too.

please define 'opposite' of the curse of death. did not working on the patch make you super lucky for a while?

I basically became super lucky after starting this causing me to forget to work on it because of my good fortune.
I think Arborinus has been killed by a safe of gold, a literal good luck curse
Seems like a pretty good looking map and would definitely be a different feel then the other stations in the fact it may be more controlled by security, or the security equipment would atleast be more readily available everywhere. However, flockminds and blob would have almost no trouble dealing with this station and winning, along with that, nuke ops would have probably a minute or two of somewhat safe time of not being swarmed when they plant due to how long the station is because of hallway. Also, adding solar might also be a good idea for short term power.

Can't wait to see this map finished though, it seems like a good design!
Seriously. I'm dying for this map. It should be super fun.
(12-08-2017, 01:18 AM)Kodos Wrote: Seriously. I'm dying for this map. It should be super fun.

at this point i think arborinus is also dying for this map. maybe because of having super fun times
daily reminder this is probably the coolest up-and-coming thing on Goon and every day without it is torture to the highest degree.
arbonius is dead forever and his ghost haunts us now
send help
well maybe his ghost should be mapping instead of haunting >:L