Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Official(?) Alcatraz Station Discussion
(07-22-2017, 09:52 PM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Whoaaa is that a food conveyor belt for the dining hall? How trendy!

Yep. Maybe, just maybe it'll get people to eat the food more.

(07-22-2017, 10:23 PM)Flourish Wrote: I love the images you've posted a fancy greater domestic space-bee

How did you get the inspiration for/come up with this station? Do you envision it in a particular setting or for a particular group of people?

Not completely sure since it was so long ago but I've always liked the mining z-levels on both goon and /tg/ (unless it was changed). Before map rotation and community maps were a thing I thought it would be cool if it was an alternate game mode like Disaster mode where people had to do some weird secret stuff to make it appear for one round. But in the end with the new systems I just made it a normal station map.

(07-22-2017, 10:27 PM)Mageziya Wrote: One thing I'm curious about is travel time and scale. There's lots of long, barren corridors, and long uninteresting corridors could incentivize movement (for better or worse) among players.

What's the scale of this map compared to cog 1 and cog 2?

Alright, if I'm a little generous for all maps and round and not count weird exterior structures, here's how they are in tiles long by tall:
Cog1: 130x140
Cog2: 150x130
Alcatraz (counting long hallways): 200x180
Alcatraz (squished together): 105x150

So really it's kind of taller but narrower than those two maps, funnily enough. The barren and uninteresting parts are being worked on, like I said it's unfinished. The means of travel between station sections were also an idea of mine, but let's just say you're on the right track.

(07-23-2017, 09:22 AM)John Warcrimes Wrote: got any better-resolution on the whole map? 
kinda hard to make anything out

Not yet, it's not done. The previews are just to get an idea of the map, and it's a lot of work to make a whole map image which I'm not going to do if I haven't done everything yet.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Official(?) Alcatraz Station Discussion - by Arborinus - 07-23-2017, 10:09 AM