Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Espionage Kit
Have you ever found yourself thinking "I wish I had X for style purposes, but it just doesn't quite grant enough value" as a traitor?

Well, this won't fix that problem, but it might help.

Presenting the Espionage Kit, a box of random stuff that traitors rarely order that the Syndicate started shoving in together as a package deal powerful kit of tools for the sneaky traitor!

With an Espionage Kit, you get one psychedelic jumpsuit waiting to happen Chameleon Jumpsuit, one Emblem of Style Fake Moustache, one rename yourself Ass Daye free card Agent Card and one make Shitty Bill repeat himself five times box set of Spy Stickers! What value for just 1 TC!

The beauty of this idea is that it can be easily tweaked by changing the cost to 2TC or removing items(or possibly adding the Voice Changer if you still think it's REALLY underpowered, but I'm against that), and it strongly rewards gimmick or stealth play-which is good. And a lot of these items have alternate ways of obtaining them, which generally has lowered their perceived usefulness. Thoughts?
I like the idea of grouping the less murderboney items into a cheap bundle to encourage being a sneaky spy jerk.

Only problem is with how unnecessary spy shit tends to be. If you're looking just to kill people and get away with it, as most antags tend to do, often all you need is a stun baton and an airlock. Spying on people also doesn't have much to be gained, aside from knowing what gear they have to adjust robusting strats; finding people is straightforward, either they're in their departments, missing and never seen again, or stumbled upon in the hallway and beaned with a toolbox.

Course, the stickers would be fantastic for remote-detonated TTVs, the agent card for buying super armor and HE shotgun shells, and the moustache and jumpsuit for making people think you're an idiot. I could go into some of the ways to make spy antics more viable, but that's probably a bit beyond this thread's scope.
The only real problem I see is, I am super-chump-newb and yet even I know what to do with an agent card if I want gear. Honestly don't know why it isn't used MORE, at 1 TC. Everything else here seems fun!