Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
[Blob] Let Blobs poke the crusher
But if they fail, the entire blob is destroyed.

This is probably a very bad idea.

If they succeed, announce it on the announcement systems.
Good idea.
Alert

The blob could have potentially consumed the entire station.

It decided, however, to waste its life by touching and being sucked in by the crusher.

Please gather around disposals to laugh at it.

Thank you.
Blob: *pokes crusher* *gets pulled in* *animation showing the furthest tiles of the blob being destroyed quickly*
Crusher: *spits out an enormous chunk of blob*
This has the potential to be really funny. If the blob gets pulled into the crusher, the crusher will continuously spit out blob chunks as it slowly sucks in the blob entirely, blob tiles moving in the direction of the crusher and not stopping until the entire blob has been pulled through the crusher and crushed into a gazillion blob parts.

And then the crew rejoices at their new supply of blob chunks that they can stick into the nanofabber.

How feasible is this?

EDIT: Now that I think about it, there might be an issue with the blob being able to trigger this completely by accident. Maybe have the crusher ignore the usual shift-click that blobs use to attack stuff, and further more have a one-time prompt pop up that warns them about the dangers of poking the crusher (i.e ruining their blob round) when they click on it for the first time in that blob round, and have it not pop up again if they say yes, allowing them to poke the crusher at their peril.
With the caveat that if someone (stupidly) breaks the blob apart, the section no longer connected to the crusher is safe.
Just what blob needs, another undocumented way to end your blob round really early.
I mean, this can only be purposeful, so...
YEAH, if you wanna put suicide into a bad light then SURE!
(things only people who play video games understand, arguing for more ways to suicide)

But really though, this doesn't harm new players to blob, veterans to blob, it doesn't harm Blob's strength at ALL. It's literally just an optional thing you're recommended not to do.
It’s not an undocumented way to ruin a blob round if you put a “WARNING YOU ARE ABOUT TO DO SOMETHING VERY STUPID” warning on it before you can do it.
Oh my god yes please. I want the crusher to just slurp up the blob like a horrible spaghetti noodle and shoot out huge piles of blob chunks out the other side.
Make it work only if the blob tries to spread on it. Manually spread on it, not some upgrade's way. With a prompt
Maybe if it just crushed a couple tiles of blob, and had a chance of gumming up the crusher and breaking it.
(07-19-2017, 08:21 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Maybe if it just crushed a couple tiles of blob, and had a chance of gumming up the crusher and breaking it.

Where's the fun in poking the crusher if you don't die when you fail.

That's like playing Russian Roulette with a fake gun.
(07-19-2017, 09:34 AM)YoukCat Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 08:21 AM)Superlagg Wrote: Maybe if it just crushed a couple tiles of blob, and had a chance of gumming up the crusher and breaking it.

Where's the fun in poking the crusher if you don't die when you fail.

That's like playing Russian Roulette with a fake gun.

shout out to the time jay wolff tried to get me to watch him kill himself with the russian revolver but then it just clicked like, 20 times in a row
(07-18-2017, 09:25 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote: Oh my god yes please. I want the crusher to just slurp up the blob like a horrible spaghetti noodle and shoot out huge piles of blob chunks out the other side.

slimy yet satisfying