Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mechanic Contraptions!
Brick 
I've taken a love for Mechanic contraptions recently and felt like I should make a place to post what kind of contraptions I've made over time! I'll do some editing on the pictures to make sure you can understand it if you wanna make it on your own! If you think you got some fancy contraptions, be sure to post them too!

*Mad...Libs...? Contraption*
This contraption says a wacky sentence from a various and distinct combination of words from the selection components which optimize laughing potential! I know it's broken grammar but thats where it makes it even more fun!
[Image: 2plnTQT.png]
not exactly unique but one time i made a 'suicide' booth which did like, 3000 brute damage in a second, with only minimal lag. then i got mindslaved. booth got upgraded to have a teleporter network
One time I built a teleporter that sent people into the PTL. Hooked it up to the PTL courtesy bypass teleporter after the crew got used to using it. Ended up vaporizing half the crew. Fun.
I Used to make extremely efficient loafers using a lot of complex machinery in mech on cog 2 just before we went back to cog 1. They were Really good against lings. heh heh heh...
Once I made a machine that teleported you from the station to the debris field using a secret password in a hidden place.
(07-10-2017, 02:13 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: not exactly unique but one time i made a 'suicide' booth which did like, 3000 brute damage in a second, with only minimal lag. then i got mindslaved. booth got upgraded to have a teleporter network

Was your suicide booth the one fueled by rainbow melons
I...uh...made a booth...that...uh...launched you...into space.........

I'm such an uncreative fuck.
Wasn't really a mechanics contraption, but once I figured that mice will always go after food, I built a little race track, painted the mice red and blue, and would throw a bit of food down at the other end and let people bet on the results
(07-10-2017, 09:01 AM)Nnystyxx Wrote:
(07-10-2017, 02:13 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote: not exactly unique but one time i made a 'suicide' booth which did like, 3000 brute damage in a second, with only minimal lag. then i got mindslaved. booth got upgraded to have a teleporter network

Was your suicide booth the one fueled by rainbow melons

no, but that sounds more interesting. mine was just a lot of gravitons and some mech carts
(07-10-2017, 01:16 AM)Bionic_Crow Wrote: I've taken a love for Mechanic contraptions recently and felt like I should make a place to post what kind of contraptions I've made over time! I'll do some editing on the pictures to make sure you can understand it if you wanna make it on your own! If you think you got some fancy contraptions, be sure to post them too!

*Mad...Libs...? Contraption*
This contraption says a wacky sentence from a various and distinct combination of words from the selection components which optimize laughing potential! I know it's broken grammar but thats where it makes it even more fun!
[Image: 2plnTQT.png]

While that is a really cool machine, what would've been even cooler is if you'd interacted with anyone in the round so that there was a person left to use it by the time you were done.  IIRC there was about 5 minutes ETA for the auto-called shuttle when you announced you'd finished building this. :P  Again, cool machine though.