Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
The Artifact Recombobulator™
So, you decided to do artifact science, but all you got is light and forcefield artifacts. Sucks, right? Well now, with the all-new Artifact Recombobulator™, you can turn those shitty artifacts into brand new ones! Just load them into the machine, add an explosive gas mix of your choosing, and the machine will use the energy from the reaction to warp it into a whole new artifact! How does it work? I have no idea!!

Note: only works with activated artifacts. Misuse of the machine may lead to explosions, radiation, meteorite showers, cluwning, space bears, and voiding of warranty.
As someone who loves artifact research but usually winds up with nothing left to do with it because people don't send us shit, I like this idea.
Finally, a use for noise artifacts.
different types of mixes should give different general effects.
react with excess oxidizer to make it lean toward something not yet researched, excess fuel to try to keep its current type but add on a 2nd type, etc. Let the ArtLab actually breed artefacts together and create superfacts. maybe not the word.
I dunno about just completely rerolling the artifact. I'd rather have some kind of thing where you break the artifact down into smaller components that can be used to either build a new one, or combine them with existing items for new tech
(07-07-2017, 11:12 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: I dunno about just completely rerolling the artifact. I'd rather have some kind of thing where you break the artifact down into smaller components that can be used to either build a new one, or combine them with existing items for new tech
I agree.

I don't know how useful static forcefield generation would be, but being able to put the battery that powers a teleporter artifact into a taser might make for a really robust taser. Or you could just mass produce teleporter guns with enough resources. Overall I think the better the initial effect, the more stringent the requirements to reproduce it using the station's technology.
I really like this idea, especially for giving Toxins something to do other than kill each other and delete the station.

Rerolling sounds great, actually. You still need to find the artifacts, and many of them are either useless or next to impossible to activate. Maybe make the crappier artifacts much more common than the interesting ones so you'll need to spend extra patience to get the ones you want.

Breaking a large artifact into smaller ones might be an issue. While large artifacts could be either useful or deadly to the user, normal ones are almost always great. Might need a bit more investment to crack a noisemaker into a superbeaker.
we need SOME way to get rid of all the useless artifacts and to gain more after the initial starts: round start, trader, space
i really like this idea
(07-08-2017, 08:12 PM)Superlagg Wrote: I really like this idea, especially for giving Toxins something to do other than kill each other and delete the station.

Rerolling sounds great, actually. You still need to find the artifacts, and many of them are either useless or next to impossible to activate. Maybe make the crappier artifacts much more common than the interesting ones so you'll need to spend extra patience to get the ones you want.

Breaking a large artifact into smaller ones might be an issue. While large artifacts could be either useful or deadly to the user, normal ones are almost always great. Might need a bit more investment to crack a noisemaker into a superbeaker.

When I say break them down into smaller components, I don't mean smaller artifacts, but a new artifact junk material

Things like "Eldritch doohickey, Martain whatchamacallit, Forerunner thingamajig" etc where those pieces can be used to build other artifacts, large and small

Think of it as similar to how you can build musical instruments, except stranger. Like using the same items but in a different order can create an entirely different artifact. Or maybe exposing the component pieces individually to stimuli like heat, cold, radiation, and what not changes them to another component piece of a different type

The attached video explains it better:

Personally, If you broke down something Like an injector artifact, I'd Assume it contains a beaker artifact.
(07-09-2017, 12:23 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Think of it as similar to how you can build musical instruments, except stranger. Like using the same items but in a different order can create an entirely different artifact. Or maybe exposing the component pieces individually to stimuli like heat, cold, radiation, and what not changes them to another component piece of a different type

Better randomize what each reaction causes them to change into from round to round to stop people from building singularity bombs every round.
(07-10-2017, 08:50 PM)Camnui Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 12:23 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Think of it as similar to how you can build musical instruments, except stranger. Like using the same items but in a different order can create an entirely different artifact. Or maybe exposing the component pieces individually to stimuli like heat, cold, radiation, and what not changes them to another component piece of a different type

Better randomize what each reaction causes them to change into from round to round to stop people from building singularity bombs every round.

Yeah, exactly. It should be simple to do, but confusing to do correctly, unless you experiment and keep notes about what you did with and to what.
(07-09-2017, 12:23 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 08:12 PM)Superlagg Wrote: I really like this idea, especially for giving Toxins something to do other than kill each other and delete the station.

When I say break them down into smaller components, I don't mean smaller artifacts, but a new artifact junk material

Things like "Eldritch doohickey, Martain whatchamacallit, Forerunner thingamajig" etc where those pieces can be used to build other artifacts, large and small

Think of it as similar to how you can build musical instruments, except stranger. Like using the same items but in a different order can create an entirely different artifact. Or maybe exposing the component pieces individually to stimuli like heat, cold, radiation, and what not changes them to another component piece of a different type

The attached video explains it better:

welcome back to how its made have you ever wondered how dumlbjik is made well wonder no more because today we'll show you.
First artifact reaserchs at nanotrans take an Eldritch doohickey, Martain whatchamacallit, and Forerunner thingamajig and put them through the flim bop furnace where it's cooked to 90000 dokalip.
Once the objects have fused there koplip qurponsik together the object is then taken to security where the HOS and the captain ritually sacrifice a clown to the great robust ones also know as the admins. after the ritual the artifact then has various goplip shmerofjow and fjaeifow glued to the sides with faiuoei.
After that a tarijin bursts in from another server and quickly coughs up a hairball made of wfnwoif on the object before being smited by the admins and when all that is done you get a genuine dumlbjik.
this is a correct thread and i fully approve its words