Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I do not like pods
Pods. Pods are not a thing I like.

I don't like them because they are difficult to destroy. They add another dumb layer between traitors and crew. A traitor will just fly around in a pod for ~40 minutes firing the linked laser while the crew is entirely helpless to stop it. Getting close to a pod with a blunt weapon just lets them turn around in a second and hit you with a nice 0.5 second laser to the face with the same cooldown. I've never ever seen anyone fire at a pod with a laser, so I have no idea of the effectiveness of that.

Can we get some anti-pod weapons or something? Making the air inside them not last an hour?
We do need some... what would be the word? Anti-Armor or anti-personnel? I'm gonna go with anti-armor. Anyway, we do need some anti-armor weapons to combat pods.
Shooting lasers at a pod is pretty effective, and I've seen at least one traitor hideously outdone in a pod by the Captain distributing e-guns and other people setting up cover barriers at escape.

Granted, the Captain distributing e-guns so everybody on the shuttle can laser any asshole walking in with a spacker to death is pretty effective against anything.
Handheld lasers do a ton of damage to pods, and if you're wearing a jetpack, you can outmaneuver them too.
If they're allowed to harm humans, I think cyborgs can also do some pretty heavy damage to pods by attacking them with blunt objects, as well. Rods are usually best for that.
Cogwerks Wrote:Handheld lasers do a ton of damage to pods, and if you're wearing a jetpack, you can outmaneuver them too.
I was not aware. I've still never seen anyone go out and actively try to fight a pod with a laser. Does it take all 4 shots or what?

Xanatov Valerius Wrote:If they're allowed to harm humans, I think cyborgs can also do some pretty heavy damage to pods by attacking them with blunt objects, as well. Rods are usually best for that.
It takes a second for the pod to turn around and shoot your frail, light-borg body to bits.
Traitorous pods are cool.

Vigilante pods are terrible, specially at escape. I've seen changelings and traitors get wrecked by a jackass in a pod, shooting from space where they can't be reached, while they have to contend with a shuttle full of people.

Maybe at least phasers should do extremely little damage to mobs and be more of a starter antipod weapon, since that's what most vigilante scum use.
MEOW POW Wrote:
Cogwerks Wrote:Handheld lasers do a ton of damage to pods, and if you're wearing a jetpack, you can outmaneuver them too.
I was not aware. I've still never seen anyone go out and actively try to fight a pod with a laser. Does it take all 4 shots or what?

Xanatov Valerius Wrote:If they're allowed to harm humans, I think cyborgs can also do some pretty heavy damage to pods by attacking them with blunt objects, as well. Rods are usually best for that.
It takes a second for the pod to turn around and shoot your frail, light-borg body to bits.

Default borgs are awful at fighting basically anything. I've never been a light borg in a combat situation. Always lucky enough to get upgraded by somebody.
Clarks Wrote:Traitorous pods are cool.

Vigilante pods are terrible, specially at escape. I've seen changelings and traitors get wrecked by a jackass in a pod, shooting from space where they can't be reached, while they have to contend with a shuttle full of people.

Maybe at least phasers should do extremely little damage to mobs and be more of a starter antipod weapon, since that's what most vigilante scum use.

Phasers are already very weak, they do slighly less damage than the peashooter .38 ammo. I could just change what the phasers require for materials, but eh, I dunno.
make phasers not pass through windows
How much damage can george melons do to pods?
Dauntasa Wrote:make phasers not pass through windows

That makes no sense. They are called phasers for a reason. They phase through things.

And yeah, they are shit against mobs. I tried killing all the monkeys in the pen... it took me ten minutes to kill them all...
Dauntasa Wrote:make phasers not pass through windows

no