Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.5 Average
replace disarm with choke
i feel like almost no one uses disarm when they aggressively grab someone, so instead i think you should just choke them until unconscious, and you wouldn't kill them unless you upgraded the grab
Wrong, okay maybe not wrong, but I disagree about removing disarms entirely.

A disarm can mean the difference between being beat with a cylume saber and beating someone with a cylume saber.

If you don't immediately understand that spamming a disarm click can cause other people to drop things, you're doing it wrong.

Disarm intent is best intent. (although the stamina system does introduce some flaws to that motto)

Disarm also gives you a relatively nonviolent way to defend yourself when you don't expect a fight.

For a little stranger idea, what if intents and grabs could be combined using a modifier button.

Harm and grab could cause grab intents to go straight to choke. Or cause stamina loss and or brute damage since you're grabbing really hard and it hurts. Like bending someone's arm behind their back. Grab and help intent could be the same thing as pull. Grab and disarm could result in you taking whatever object is in the active hand of the person you're fighting. Or stealing objects off whatever body part you're targeting.

Overall I think removing grab intent and merging it with the other three as a dedicated button might be a better way to make grabs easier and disarms more useful. Since a disarm, grab, and pull are really the same thing minus a level of violence. Of course it makes throws far funnier because you could steal someone's weapon and then throw it at them. Stamina loss should make grabs far less effective though.

Ling/etc would have to be adjusted to suite this change.

Use the freed UI space to do something fun.

I think Intents could stay as is and be perfectly fine, but merging aspects of grab into the other intents might make it easier to use.

Overall though Disarm intent is still best intent.
He didn't mean disarm intent, he meant that wierd grab level that nobody uses between aggressive and kill.
That extra step is partially to slow down insta-choking someone. I've also used the disarm choke a couple of times, it's handy to keep someone knocked out without killing them if you don't have handcuffs.
(07-05-2017, 11:54 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: Wrong, okay maybe not wrong, but I disagree about removing disarms entirely.

A disarm can mean the difference between being beat with a cylume saber and beating someone with a cylume saber.

If you don't immediately understand that spamming a disarm click can cause other people to drop things, you're doing it wrong.

Disarm intent is best intent. (although the stamina system does introduce some flaws to that motto)

Disarm also gives you a relatively nonviolent way to defend yourself when you don't expect a fight.

For a little stranger idea, what if intents and grabs could be combined using a modifier button.

Harm and grab could cause grab intents to go straight to choke. Or cause stamina loss and or brute damage since you're grabbing really hard and it hurts. Like bending someone's arm behind their back. Grab and help intent could be the same thing as pull. Grab and disarm could result in you taking whatever object is in the active hand of the person you're fighting. Or stealing objects off whatever body part you're targeting.

Overall I think removing grab intent and merging it with the other three as a dedicated button might be a better way to make grabs easier and disarms more useful. Since a disarm, grab, and pull are really the same thing minus a level of violence. Of course it makes throws far funnier because you could steal someone's weapon and then throw it at them. Stamina loss should make grabs far less effective though.

Ling/etc would have to be adjusted to suite this change.

Use the freed UI space to do something fun.

I think Intents could stay as is and be perfectly fine, but merging aspects of grab into the other intents might make it easier to use.

Overall though Disarm intent is still best intent.

yeah you completely misunderstood what i said, i know that the disarm intent is very robust and i agree. i was talking about when you grab someone, you have the option to "disarm" or "kill". there isn't any reason to use the disarm option because of the disarm intent! so i feel that if it's replaced with a choke hold or something to render someone unconscious for a while instead of killing them, so they may be cuffed or possibly new traitor objectives such as killing no one? i think it could breed new, relevant and exciting gameplay options