Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
turn on looc
(07-10-2017, 10:20 AM)Paineframe Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 07:25 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(07-08-2017, 01:33 PM)Technature Wrote: Excluding from antag is already done via starting as opting out of everything.  You have to specifically opt in via occupations for the game to pick you to be a bad guy.
last i checked, it was the opposite. although, last i checked was when i joined the game, like a year ago. i also could just be thinking about job priorities. random note: we should make staff assistant set to high priority and everything else to unwanted to start with for new people

Staff assistant is one of the worst jobs to play as a new player, they've got basically no access and therefore absolutely nothing to do.

The only jobs that should start low-priority or disabled for new players are Sec and AI - both of them are somewhat advanced jobs, and they're things that someone with it set is fairly likely to draw because a lot of players disable one or both.

Staff assistant is literally the only job where you're expected to do nothing.  Sure, people expect blue jobs to not do anything, but they do have jobs, and new players may think they actually have to do them to not anger people (chef in particular if they're from a different server.  You mean no one needs to eat?).

Staff assistants have decent enough access.  You can access more of the station than the local chef, bartender, and chaplain, including places you can easily make any tool ya need to get into anywhere you can't.  Doing most other jobs simply means you get easy access to another one or two rooms.

And legitimately friendly and new assistants are practically surrounded by people who wouldn't mind helping them learn if they ask (us). If you ask over the radio for help, someone will probably say something.