Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 1.67 Average
turn on looc
Star 
for mentors and players who have under 25 rounds registered to them as well as a big "WELCOME" message when they first log in, as well as maybe a little hovering M that only newer players can see in the vein of the red R or what the T for revealed traitors used to be. asking for help should be encouraged in a big scary game like ours.
On 2 you are basically allowed to ask all those things IC anyway, and LOOC is already enabled on 1.
2’s radio chat is basically OOC, why do we need the actual channel?
Yeah anything that sounds remotely like 24/7 OOC I am against.
Question: Is it feasible codewise to have multiple chat channels?

As in, you have a tab for game chat, maybe some extra tabs for department radios or PDA messaging, and another tab for ooc rather than one chat for everything?
(07-06-2017, 12:40 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: Question: Is it feasible codewise to have multiple chat channels?

As in, you have a tab for game chat, maybe some extra tabs for department radios or PDA messaging, and another tab for ooc rather than one chat for everything?

You can already filter out message types with tick boxes in the chat options in the top right of the chat box.
Considering that US 2 basically doesn't necessitate roleplay of any kind, and RP 1 already has it, I don't see the point, and the rest of this can EASILY be taken advantage of with multiple accounts.

Veering into a REALLY hard no.
I do like the idea of having a Welcome message. Anything to encourage new people to use mentorhelp.
(07-06-2017, 02:59 PM)CounterfeitFaker Wrote: I do like the idea of having a Welcome message. Anything to encourage new people to use mentorhelp.

let mentors be visible to new players so they can ask for help!!
(07-06-2017, 03:02 PM)OMJ Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 02:59 PM)CounterfeitFaker Wrote: I do like the idea of having a Welcome message. Anything to encourage new people to use mentorhelp.

Doesn't the purple text do that though?  And even if they didn't say anything, a quick use of the "Who" command should say they're at least online.  Anything that differentiates a player from others can be abused pretty badly in a game like this.

That being said, I am all for helping the new people scale the mountain of a learning curve in this game.  I would like to recommend adding the shortcuts for Admin and Mentor help to the intro.  Specifically so it says:

#1 managed by Rick. #2 managed by Wire.
Need to talk over radio? 'say ;your message'
Got a question about game mechanics? Use mentorhelp (F3) or consult the wiki.
Got a problem? Use adminhelp (F1) if you want to complain about it, not deadchat or OOC.
Got a suggestion? Post it on the Goonstation discussion forum.

They are already visible and the game tells how to contact mentors or check if they are there. Purple Text andThe Who command
(07-06-2017, 03:39 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:

They are already visible and the game tells how to contact mentors or check if they are there. Purple Text andThe Who command

i mean directly in game
i think a welcome page for the first like, 10 rounds to encourage the asking of questions
this seems useless when atm, whenever someone asks a question like on the radio people normally just say to use mentorhelp
(07-06-2017, 05:47 PM)OMJ Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 03:39 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:

i mean directly in game
i think a welcome page for the first like, 10 rounds to encourage the asking of questions

Again, something like this can be abused.  All someone needs to do is make a new account and voila, they can target specific people.

Someone who has a grudge against a particular mentor would get some use out of something like this.
(07-06-2017, 09:07 PM)Technature Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 05:47 PM)OMJ Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 03:39 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:

i mean directly in game

Again, something like this can be abused.  All someone needs to do is make a new account and voila, they can target specific people.

Someone who has a grudge against a particular mentor would get some use out of something like this.

you'd have to be a special kind of weird to do that shit