Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Penalties for Wizards Using Guns
Wizards have the ability to conjure fireballs out of thin air, turn people into critters and cluwnes, stun people with magic missile and Rathen's secret, can phase through walls and teleport, and can use their staffs as melee weapons.

They've got plenty of magical methods of stunning and injuring people; they shouldn't be phasing into the armory and getting grenades or becoming ten times deadlier after they kill a secoff and take his taser.

I'd like to suggest making it so wizards either can't use guns/grenades/other tech or make it so they can't use them particularly reliably or well- for instance, if a wizard tries to use a grenade, there's a decent chance of it blowing up in his face immediately instead of priming for three seconds.
I support this idea
Some of NanoTrasen's Stinger Grenades ™ have been fitted with Anti-Wizardy Grenades ™ which, when triggered by a magic user, immediately splash out a mild acid onto the user! No more pointy-hatted losers touching your weaponry!
I remember someone posting in the questionable ideas thread that a wizard picking up a gun should cause the wizard to instantly and permanently lose all their powers.
Bring a new wizard hidden spell: Technomancy. So wizards who choose this can still use guns.
(07-05-2017, 06:57 PM)HydroFloric Wrote: I support this idea
YEs yes yes guns should just explode if a wizard uses them like Judge Dredd
If a wizard picks up a gun it should turn into a chocolate bar so they can eat it
[Image: 20081015.gif]
Hmm.
this is dumb, a gun doesn't make a wiz any more robust, they have spells for that
i think this should apply to stuff like stun batons or flashes too

maybe have a spell that would allow the wizard to convert them into special wizard-only versions 

transmogrify the taser into a functionally-identical-to-a-taser mini-magic missile launcher
mabye drop this idea because it's dumb

Wizards know how to use modern technology just fine, they're just hypocritical dickbags
(07-05-2017, 08:23 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 05:39 AM)Berrik Wrote: mabye drop this idea because it's dumb

Wizards know how to use modern technology just fine, they're just hypocritical dickbags

i would think that wizard culture would discourage the us of muggle weapons lest they be mocked by there peers "hey check it out carl uses guns hey carl what are ya a nancy no magic AHAHAHAHAHA!!"

(07-06-2017, 07:33 AM)Maegor Wrote:
(07-05-2017, 08:23 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 08:46 AM)BBEG Wrote:
(07-06-2017, 05:39 AM)Berrik Wrote: mabye drop this idea because it's dumb

i would think that wizard culture would discourage the us of muggle weapons lest they be mocked by there peers "hey check it out carl uses guns hey carl what are ya a nancy no magic AHAHAHAHAHA!!"

(07-06-2017, 07:33 AM)Maegor Wrote:
(07-05-2017, 08:23 PM)Ed Venture Wrote: