Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
super duper traitor stimbelt/pack
an idea i had while reheating a burrito

it would be a belt, backpack, and mask slot item that when worn gives you slowly regenerating hp, great stun mitigation, and a movement speed increase. however nothing so good would be without its drawbacks! food/chems no longer heal you and in fact poison you, and if the pack is  removed, you will quickly and rapidly die a painful death from withdrawl which would also shrivel your body up and prevent you from being cloned. the stims themselves would be quite harmful to your heart, and after 20-30 minutes you would require a new, fresh one.
I feel like we don't need any more traitor items that encourage un-creatively murdering the whole station. This thing sounds like a "beat the tar out of someone, hide in a closet somewhere for 30 seconds, and do it again after you're fully healed."
That seems a poor reason to oppose something. Pretty much all traitor objectives involve murder and heavily damaging the station in some fashion.

That being said this basically kinda duplicates the functionality of injector belts and robusstec implants. I'd rather those be added to surplus crates than this thing be put in.
(07-03-2017, 01:37 AM)Berrik Wrote: That seems a poor reason to oppose something. Pretty much all traitor objectives involve murder and heavily damaging the station in some fashion.

That being said this basically kinda duplicates the functionality of injector belts and robusstec implants. I'd rather those be added to surplus crates than this thing be put in.

the reason why i suggested it was because there seemed to be nothing that offered so much high risk high reward gameplay as what i suggested. maybe the stimulants but the penalties arent as severe
Hm. Maybe include a helmet piece so that it can be countered with a strategic acid-smoke strike.
An item that's literally just "Rampage for 30 minutes and then die" sounds completely terrible. Designed for indiscriminate murder with no real hope for long-term survival, planning, or objective completion. Its only purpose is to remove as many people from the round as possible and then have your heart explode.

Completely awful idea.
Pretty much what Cameron said. There's not a lot that this bane-esque suggestion would add that's not already in-game in some more balanced form. Like donk pockets, stimpacks, and injector belts. This just seems to combine the 3 into one Unholy Trinity.
(07-03-2017, 08:20 AM)CameronWoof Wrote: An item that's literally just "Rampage for 30 minutes and then die" sounds completely terrible. Designed for indiscriminate murder with no real hope for long-term survival, planning, or objective completion. Its only purpose is to remove as many people from the round as possible and then have your heart explode.

Completely awful idea.
I think the problem with rampage items is that they're all variations of the same concept: Give the tatortot more power.

Granted it can be executed hilariously, but I think there might be a more fun option in the other direction, like a traitor item that just makes other players weaker or restrains them.

For instance a traitor only variation of the pokeball, where they can capture live crewmen by throwing something at them.

Or black shoes that instantly bind the feet of anyone who wears them because the laces get tied together. Maybe a pair of gloves that allows you to sneakily tie the laces together of any shoes, restricting movements of any player you come across.

Stuff that deals less with rampages and more with evening the odds for the traitor in a single fight.
(07-03-2017, 02:38 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: I think the problem with rampage items is that they're all variations of the same concept: Give the tatortot more power.

Granted it can be executed hilariously, but I think there might be a more fun option in the other direction, like a traitor item that just makes other players weaker or restrains them.

For instance a traitor only variation of the pokeball, where they can capture live crewmen by throwing something at them.

Or black shoes that instantly bind the feet of anyone who wears them because the laces get tied together. Maybe a pair of gloves that allows you to sneakily tie the laces together of any shoes, restricting movements of any player you come across.

Stuff that deals less with rampages and more with evening the odds for the traitor in a single fight.

Im pretty sure the pick pocket gun lets you do that
Or an incompetence ray that turns people into (even more) bumbling idiots.
(07-04-2017, 08:44 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Or an incompetence ray that turns people into (even more) bumbling idiots.

Only if you can also make bees into bumbling idiots.

only because "Fumblebee" is too good of a name to pass up, and anyone who gives bees brain damage is a monster.

Like a fumblebee just randomly stings people, tries to make honey out of any liquid laying around, and will crash into walls and windows, like an adorable but incredibly dumb ball of winged fluff and stinger.
(07-04-2017, 10:06 PM)atomic1fire Wrote:
(07-04-2017, 08:44 PM)Superlagg Wrote: Or an incompetence ray that turns people into (even more) bumbling idiots.

Only if you can also make bees into bumbling idiots.

only because "Fumblebee" is too good of a name to pass up, and anyone who gives bees brain damage is a monster.

Like a fumblebee just randomly stings people, tries to make honey out of any liquid laying around, and will crash into walls and windows, like an adorable but incredibly dumb ball of winged fluff and stinger.

How about a ray that turns everything's movement into segway movement- and in the case of bees, they crack windows.