Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chips and Ghost Bets
I was thinking about the idea to have some kind of incentive to complete objectives and survive rounds, and while I can't think of a perfect, balanced way to go about it I do think there could be some fun with an idea I had

Chips would basically be poker chips, with different values, awarded at the ends of rounds for doing things. Reward values are based on how hard it is to accomplish. An example would be playing a round gets you a 1 chip compared to surviving the round giving you a 10 chip. Basically, a bunch rewards for doing minor things that encourage interacting with systems and players, and some larger rewards for mastering things. Chips are rewarded on a once per round basis, rather than once per completing an action

The second part comes around once you've died, where you can make wagers and bets as a ghost, using the chips as currency. Bets can be on things like certain parts of the station being destroyed, on certain players dying or surviving, etc.

Maybe the chips could have a secondary usage, but I think it would be fine if they were valueless beyond bragging rights and a fun diversion to keep you invested in rounds as a participant and spectator
I want to buy hats for my ghost / ghost drones with chips.

This is the reward we need.
I love this idea. Betting pools on shit happening sounds hilarious. You could use some of the same event triggers for antag objectives in order to track whether a bet pays off (guy = dead, area = exploded, etc).

Encouraging people to interact, survive, and learn using funbux is great.

also please let ghosts and drones talk
I think that you COULD make medal rewards require chips, but people might not like that. Free hats and reskins for some items would be neat though.
If you bet on someone dying within a round, I guarentee that some nerd will run through goonhub and use the survival to death ratio to determine who is the most deadest guy, and just bet on that guy.

Unless of course the betting system actually assigns odds based on goonhub data.
(06-29-2017, 03:14 PM)atomic1fire Wrote: If you bet on someone dying within a round, I guarentee that some nerd will run through goonhub and use the survival to death ratio to determine who is the most deadest guy, and just bet on that guy.

Unless of course the betting system actually assigns odds based on goonhub data.

I wouldn't have it any other way.

Would be interesting to see how odds go up or down on a player combined with what equipment/traitor gear/round type is in effect.
If someone bets for/against your survival, you should get a small flavor text. Not one that tells you which direction they bet, but just that someone, somewhere is betting on your life. Maybe Chap actually gets some hint. 

-Farts Hamburger suddenly looks uneasy! 
-You feel a chilling weight on your very soul! 

I always liked the persistent bank currency idea, tying it in to ghost/observer saltybet is a good idea too.