Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
In round toxicity/Childishness
Get all that 'it's just a farty spaceman game' out of your system early. Lately there's been an aggravating trend with often newer or less experienced players being very rude and unfunny! I don't think I've gone a round in weeks without someone trying to whack me with an extinguisher or spamming the radio because they think it's funny. The main issue here is that these cases aren't always worthy of an ahelp, but unpleasant enough that they create a pretty bad atmosphere. This is especially true for if you even attempt to play sec, or any department role. I guess the question is, how do we combat this? How do we cut down on people acting like they'd just learned their first swear and were given a megaphone?
In the old days, this was dealt with swiftly by a small mob of players stringing said person up in the hallway after beating literally all of the blood out of them with whatever was at hand until they learned to stop being a shit.

However these days that is looked down upon apparently and if sec tries to arrest them they're all automatically hitler and people will firebomb sec so frankly who fuckin knows anymore.
I've lately been dealing with it by bare handed beatings. Not lethal, but certainly humiliating and a good sign that they should maybe shut their trap. As for the 'character' part, a lot of players don't so much have characters as they seem to want to use the game as an outlet for all their pent up stupid. I'll have to remember to be more liberal with ahelp in the case of rude asses.
[Image: best-love-hate-knuckle-tattoo-design.jpg]
I often crack down on rude dudes whenever I'm playing sec. Baton em, cuff em, then give them an insulting ticket and 10 swirlies.
(06-29-2017, 10:40 AM)The Worst Wrote: how do we combat this?

Street Justice.
If someone's being a dipshit, I have no problems punching them till they fall over, suplexing them, then farting in their face, and neither should any of you.

That being said if someone somehow dies while being chastised I will haul them to medbay to be cloned/borged, I'm not a monster crossarms
(06-29-2017, 04:28 PM)Berrik Wrote: That being said if someone somehow dies while being chastised I will haul them to medbay to be cloned/borged, I'm not a monster crossarms

I was so proud of myself, I did that today... there's a guy that constantly gets on my nerves and I honestly think it's mostly personality clash compared to him being terrible... but regardless, I cloned him and felt like a real mature dude and then it turned out he'd logged off anyhow.  Couldn't have been more than 90 seconds between him dying and me getting him to the cloner, lol.

I haven't been playing long, but I do feel like there was a change in overall vibes in the last week-two weeks?  School getting out for season?
I occasionally play rude characters expecting, hoping, to get pitchforked - or at least arrested. I usually just get avoided. I even roll random characters to make sure nobody is going easy on me.

Of course the worst I do is punch somebody once. Or toss a glass of piss/vomit/blood at them. Or drunkenly argue that buddies are objectively better than bees.
Oftentimes, when I'm a traitor, I'll just run around and try to make life miserable for people by punching and beating them senseless for no discernible reason.

That might account for like half of these reports because I am just so horrendously awful when I do this.
It isn't you, Noah!
are you sure "toxicity" isn't a code phrase for when you mean "doing thing i dont like/approve of"
(06-30-2017, 01:06 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: are you sure "toxicity" isn't a code phrase for when you mean "doing thing i dont like/approve of"

you are literally the worst offender for this issue i can think of. you randomly attack people until they kill you or you suicide
(06-30-2017, 01:14 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 01:06 AM)babayetu83 Wrote: are you sure "toxicity" isn't a code phrase for when you mean "doing thing i dont like/approve of"

you are literally the worst offender for this issue i can think of. you randomly attack people until they kill you or you suicide

I was just about to say that.
Random acts of being a dick is the norm in SS13, if you don't approve, ignore them or give them a good beating and if you are not sure if they are breaking a rule just ahelp it and if necessary it will be dealt with.