Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
let blood packs be used regardless of the patient's BP
If I want to kill myself or others by overloading my blood pressure with absurd quantities of blood, I should be able to.
I think the feature is more to help doctors, who don't want to babysit the entirety of a blood transfusion to avoid killing a patient. I don't love this idea, to be honest.
(06-26-2017, 12:19 PM)CameronWoof Wrote: I think the feature is more to help doctors, who don't want to babysit the entirety of a blood transfusion to avoid killing a patient. I don't love this idea, to be honest.

Well fine, stick an override switch on it if you're concerned about "medical ethics" and "workplace safety"
Also maybe it's to slow down vampires
(06-26-2017, 12:22 PM)Newtonsolo Wrote: Also maybe it's to slow down vampires

Blood packs are useless to vampires cause of transfusion limits, best way i've found so far is to cut the bag, put it into a beaker, put that into drinking glasses, and drink it. all the blood bags from medbay get you like 200u of blood max iirc
(06-26-2017, 01:52 PM)NateTheSquid Wrote:

Blood packs are useless to vampires cause of transfusion limits, best way i've found so far is to cut the bag, put it into a beaker, put that into drinking glasses, and drink it. all the blood bags from medbay get you like 200u of blood max iirc

I thought the only way was to transfer it to you with a syringe
Also if you order the blood bank from the qm you can get like 500ish units of blood
I decree as soon as I get to a computer this will be done, this is a glaring oversight by the administration that must be corrected.

why not just make blood pills at the chemmaster
sov: not all vampires have chem access and either way making and consuming blood pills would be suspicious. also i never thought of that. vampires dwell in maint not science
(06-26-2017, 04:09 PM)Newtonsolo Wrote:

I thought the only way was to transfer it to you with a syringe
Also if you order the blood bank from the qm you can get like 500ish units of blood
Nobody orders blood packs though.

Shout over the radio "Hey bros I'm a vampire" while you're at it.  Save the QM some trouble.
Also, heparin overdoses still do not cause all of my blood to immediately fall out of my body. crossarms