Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 2 Average
[Nerf] Changeling Genetics
So, I was thinking about my Changeling Forms suggestion. I remembered a suggestion on there to change mine, and that got me thinking further into Genetics and Changelings.
Changelings are creatures that change their body in order to kill things, such as abomination arms, growing stingers filled with LSD, and more. I was thinking, why not lock some of these morphs away?
It would both nerf Changeling, and stay true to it's theme.

Changeling Genetics 
The Changeling gains powers over time dependent on the people they devour. In Genetics, people have potentials that can be activated with activators. I was thinking the Changeling sorta gains access to these mutations, but in a different way. They would unlock powers if the people they ate had certain potentials. Such as if they had the potential for Adrenaline Rush, then the Changeling would unlock the power Speed Regeneration.
The Changeling would also take double damage to fire.
STARTING POWERS: Neurotoxin Sting, LSD Sting, Spacfewalking, Shambling Abomination, Mimic Voice, Transform, Absorb.
If the person absorbed had the genetic potential for:
Fire Resistance/Thermal Resistance: Normal Fire Vulnerability.
Polymorph: DNA Sting
Musculature Enhancement: Morph Arm
Pseudonecrosis: Regenerative Stasis
Regeneration: Headspider
Motor Neuron Signal Enhancement: Handspider
Blindness: Eyespider
Adrenaline Rush: Speed Regeneration
Mass Emesis/Fire Breath/Chronic Cough/that Vomit mutation: Acid Spit
Primal Genetics: Monkey Transformation
SMES Human: Your hands act insulated, meaning you don't have to wear insulated gloves. (new passive)
Natural Anti-Toxins: You can purge all chemicals in you. (new power)
STARTING POWERS: Neurotoxin Sting, LSD Sting, Spacfewalking, Shambling Abomination, Mimic Voice, Transform, Absorb.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SPACFEWALKING AAA KILL ME
This is a neat idea. Some kind of method of sensing a person's genetic potential would be a good idea, so the Changeling isnt just eating people and hoping for the best, but can actually be selective to get powers they want sooner
(06-26-2017, 12:01 PM)fosstarreagan Wrote: STARTING POWERS: Neurotoxin Sting, LSD Sting, Spacfewalking, Shambling Abomination, Mimic Voice, Transform, Absorb.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA SPACFEWALKING AAA KILL ME

Listen, you'll learn to walk in the horror between realities that is spacfe and you will like it ok!
i get really excited thinking that you were going to suggest letting the ling unlock the DNA potential inside his own body but then i got really sad then when i realized you just wanted to take what we currently have and make the ling have to eat people to get it frown
(06-27-2017, 06:13 AM)pizzatiger Wrote: i get really excited thinking that you were going to suggest letting the ling unlock the DNA potential inside his own body but then i got really sad then when i realized you just wanted to take what we currently have and make the ling have to eat people to get it frown

That is in a different nerf, actually. Check out Changeling Forms for that.
Good luck getting Headspider ever. Regen has a single digit chance of even showing up as potential in the entire population of a round.