Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Somewhere, Beyond The Sea
Somewhere, waiting for me....

Quote:Icarus Cruise Liner – Historical Entry: “Somewhere, Beyond The Sea”

Originally commissioned as a prototype singularity-driven carrier vessel designed to fit hundreds of combat pods within a heavily shielded interior, the Icarus' wings were singed by considerable budgetary shortfalls; after an assessment by NanoTrasen's auditing department which found the conflict for which it was intended proved unprofitable, the framework was contracted out to the lowest bidder with a different plan in mind. The vessel now serves as a mobile inter- and intra-system conference center and luxury getaway, often facilitating NanoTrasen's numerous corporate acquisitions.

[Image: icarus_04.png]

Experimental map designed around two precepts: singularity dead center in the map, and a crew quarters complex structured around a fantastic view of it. Everything else evolved naturally from there.

This is not targeted for addition to rotation due to the extremely risky nature of the singularity's position.
(11-11-2018, 09:44 AM)Kubius Wrote: This is not targeted for addition to rotation due to the extremely risky nature of the singularity's position.

I don't see the problem.
That's a pretty nice engineering set-up. In keeping with the theme of the map, I think it'd be neat to have the bar above the singularity, could be fun to sip booze and watch the engine run.
Looks very cool. Is there negative admin feedback about the positioning of the sing, or is that you simply being aware that it could be risky?
(11-13-2018, 04:58 AM)Recusor Wrote: Is there negative admin feedback about the positioning of the sing, or is that you simply being aware that it could be risky?

Strictly the latter. If there's interest in the map from goonfolks, I would be quite alright with submitting it after a pass or two of play testing and subsequent repairs on my end.
Id love to play test at some point I will hit you up on Discord when I can. Question - with the black hole effect without mesons (random stuns I think?) could this be a bit dangerous to people casually walking by? Also are blinds effective against blocking the effect, or is an issue of distance instead of line of sight?
(11-13-2018, 12:14 PM)Recusor Wrote: could this be a bit dangerous to people casually walking by?

After some ingame testing, it doesn't appear to be able to incapacitate anyone who's watching it from a designated observation area, blinds or no.