Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor Magnet boots stop you from moving properly in space.
Magnet boots prevent you from moving more than a tile when you throw something in space, even when you're not near a surface you can walk on.
This is the whole purpose of magboots.

They are meant to stop you from having momentum in space.
I thought magboots were meant to stop you from slipping in space.
I too didn't think space was made of magnets for the magboots to work on
(06-25-2017, 04:25 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: This is the whole purpose of magboots.

Honestly that's more annoying than helpful. I thought they just made it so you didn't float off catwalks and drop whatever you're pulling.
(06-25-2017, 05:43 PM)Camnui Wrote:
(06-25-2017, 04:25 PM)Noah Buttes Wrote: This is the whole purpose of magboots.

Honestly that's more annoying than helpful. I thought they just made it so you didn't float off catwalks and drop whatever you're pulling.

It's extremely helpful when combined with a jetpack.
As said, it's what they were made for. I agree that the premise is dumb but space needed breaks, ergo magboots.

It's been a while since I've worn them, but they were noslip and noteleport with no slowdown, which makes them high targets for powergamers. Just carry a pair of shoes in your box for when you need to hop in space. Or a stack of cash to throw after you've removed yer boots of celestial holding +2.
Look they use...magnets...to stop velocity in space through an interaction with the...nearby magnetosphere...and uh yeah ok just don't think about it too hard.
(06-25-2017, 06:27 PM)Wire Wrote: Look they use...magnets...to stop velocity in space through an interaction with the...nearby magnetosphere...and uh yeah ok just don't think about it too hard. 
Psyduck head explosion
They also prevent you from being teleported through telesci
~space magnet magic~
fuckin magnets how do they work
Feature