Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 1.75 Average
Make people need to eat and drink once in a while to have proper stamina regen
Basically a more limited application of the ridiculous sims mode toggle. It'd also give the chef a little more use!

Mabye tie this in with that idea that keeps getting bounced around about making chef dishes have some special effects.
hm, yes, let's make it so a chef or barman has the ability to absolutely destroy the entire station population, this sounds like an excellent idea
This already exists on 1, if you want to experience that.

Edit: Maybe not with the stamina thing but I actually don't know if it does, probably.
(06-25-2017, 03:23 PM)popecrunch Wrote: hm, yes, let's make it so a chef or barman has the ability to absolutely destroy the entire station population, this sounds like an excellent idea

Oh come on, don't even pretend people would visit the actual kitchen for this. 
It'd be nothing but pizza vendor anyways.
(06-25-2017, 03:23 PM)popecrunch Wrote: hm, yes, let's make it so a chef or barman has the ability to absolutely destroy the entire station population, this sounds like an excellent idea

I am about 90% sure that most people die either to violence or because they get stuck in a depressurized area, rather than because they drank some of the barman's shitty cocktails or ate the chef's deep fried garbage.
To be fair, he said better regen, not full regen. Maybe stamina regen could decay to 75%, and eating could raise it to 125% of current?
Yeah that's what I had in mind. I don't want stamina regen to be gone completely, so people CAN ignore it if they want to, just that they'd get less if they havn't eaten or drunk anything recently.
Let's not forget vending machine food and botanists
It has been suggested plenty of times before that food/drink should have some form of effect.

Without going too much into it here's a brief summery from threads gone by:

- There is little motivation to cook foods for the crew, and no motivation to eat. Food just .. exists, with little purpose.
- Food healing is dumb, as meds are freely available. Limiting meds isn't really the solution to this.
- Food requirement is dumb outside RP realms, so food would have to have a benefit.
- Certain foods should have more chemicals in them, but it should not be the primary benefit (most of the time)
- Time put in = better benefit. Vending machine food is the least time put in, but still would have benefits.

Most food threads swerve towards the following benefits:
- Added stamina
- Added total health
- Passive resistance towards individual forms of damage.

Tl;dr: Most threads veer towards food should standalone from medical/chemistry and act as a ward against damage/stamina
I'm for food giving buffs but I am against them being required to have standard functions work normally. Really I'm against anything that reminds me of motives or realistic changes that just don't sound fun at all. So I'm saying fuck no for this idea.
maybe not to ensure that you'll have proper stamina regen, why not just have it serve to enhance it
(06-25-2017, 04:58 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: maybe not to ensure that you'll have proper stamina regen, why not just have it serve to enhance it

Yeah, I don't think this line of thinking is bad

Keep the regen at 100% as the baseline. Give each food a regen bonus percent per bite. Cap regen at a point, say 300% and give it a steady degrade down back down to 100%

Shitty snacks can add like 2% per bite
More involved foods that the chef makes can add 10-50% per bite
(06-25-2017, 04:58 PM)babayetu83 Wrote: maybe not to ensure that you'll have proper stamina regen, why not just have it serve to enhance it

This I do like.
(06-25-2017, 11:49 PM)Ed Venture Wrote:

This I do like.
Basically I just want a reason for the chef and cook to exist other than providing new and interesting ways to poison people.