Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Major Handerspider sprites go under chairs
Title is pretty obvious. Reason this is major is because a good number of chair sprites are larger than handspiders, meaning that the handspider is completely immune to being melee attacked while it is under the chair, but it can still attack anyone nearby. This means handspiders in the shuttle cockpit can beat everyone inside to death while being immune to melee attacks.
they can also go under tables???? same as monkeys and shit. a monkey under a chair is basically immune to melee as well, unless they wear gigantic clothes
alt shift ctrl click the tile to get a list of everything there, and then attack the spider on that list
(06-23-2017, 01:14 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: alt shift ctrl click the tile to get a list of everything there, and then attack the spider on that list

problem with that is that the menu takes one billion years to load and only does that tile, so if it moves, its useless
From my experience Handspider sprites go on top of tables, so you can still beat them up. Maybe that is the bug and this is a feature?
click a table to go under it, and as such, under chairs and shit.
This isn't really an issue when it's outside of the shuttle. Handspider under chair? Move the chair. Handspider under table? Deconstruct the table.

Problem when it's in the shuttle is that you can't really do that with the existing chairs. Handspiders can strap you in, and literally punch the life out of you very easily. It's surprising how effective they can be.

I'd be up for just setting a flag for just the shuttle chairs so you can't go under them. They'll have to either make their way into the the head quarters, or the medical section to hide, or just scurry around like crazy. Their death is inconsequential, it's not like they're immedietly put out of the game by it.
The trick is to move away from the thing they're hiding under and stop mindlessly trying to kill something in a place it's obviously at an advantage. If you're locked in the shuttle cockpit because you don't have access, maybe don't go in and get yourself trapped in the first place?
I dont agree on the basis that the handspider is a supplementary role, not a primary antagonist. The handspider should never really be truly at an advantage, only using the tables and chairs as a matter of surivival.

On the shuttle the handspider suddenly turns from its vulture-esque behavior to being very robust to anyone lacking ranged weaponry. Can you tell me why you think that is balanced?
My experience with playing handspider has consistently been murdering people who didnt know when to back off away from the thing im hiding under followed by being insta-killed by a fire extinguisher after my host making it clear they didnt care about the DNA I'd gathered. I usually end up with a pile of around 4-5 bodies in the owlery or somewhere similar so my idea of what handspiders should be capable of might be a little skewed.

That being said I can see why this might be a problem with multiple handspiders.
(06-23-2017, 01:16 AM)NateTheSquid Wrote:
(06-23-2017, 01:14 AM)Frank_Stein Wrote: alt shift ctrl click the tile to get a list of everything there, and then attack the spider on that list

problem with that is that the menu takes one billion years to load and only does that tile, so if it moves, its useless

I agree that it's not a perfect solution, but it is possible to get to them. You've also got the option to get yourself some mouse traps and lay them out to trap the spider

Quote: Dr Zoidcrab

The trick is to move away from the thing they're hiding under and stop mindlessly trying to kill something in a place it's obviously at an advantage. If you're locked in the shuttle cockpit because you don't have access, maybe don't go in and get yourself trapped in the first place?
Literal Feature