Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
[Amazing] Slip Improvement
Whenever you slip, add a 0.1% chance to crack your skull and die.
1% chance if you're a clown.
5% if you're a cluwne.

Sammy Limeworm slips on the water!

Sammy Limeworm cracks their skull and dies!

Honko Bluwnes screams!

YoukCat Kitterson screams!

Buffer screams!

Phoebee Buzz says, "It was not meant to bee."
I love this idea.
I'd be okay with this if there was some kind of system in place to save yourself from a slip. Like if you stopped moving or flipped before you fell to the ground
Maybe you could have a 2-second window to click the RESIST key? 1-second window if you're a clown.
Cluwnes shouldn't get to live though.
This will just be door crushing 2.0 but even worse.

No.
Wear helmets to protect your heads, kids!
I love it.

But in all seriousness, what about the slipping mechanic that I think other servers have but can't confirm cus I've only ever heard about it? I think it locks your character in the direction they were moving when they slipped, kinda like spaceloob.

Or maybe just force them to keep moving for a bit with randomized controls. Cus it's kinda hard to slip on a banana peel and sail out the airlock. You have to actually try to space yourself for that to happen, and that's not as funny.
I like it but don't want it.
I'd be ok if it was just unconsciousness and/or brain damage
this should only happen if youre not wearing any kind of headwear
(06-22-2017, 08:05 PM)Superlagg Wrote: I love it.

But in all seriousness, what about the slipping mechanic that I think other servers have but can't confirm cus I've only ever heard about it? I think it locks your character in the direction they were moving when they slipped, kinda like spaceloob.

Or maybe just force them to keep moving for a bit with randomized controls. Cus it's kinda hard to slip on a banana peel and sail out the airlock. You have to actually try to space yourself for that to happen, and that's not as funny.

Oh, I like that. Keep going in one direction, and fall if you try to change that direction.

So you can go with the flow of the slip, or let yourself fall to stop it.

And if you lined up enough slippery things, you could keep sliding and building up speed and skate around the station

Maybe even new shoes based around that mechanic like ice skates or heelies
Because instant death is a good mechanic
Maybe this should be the effect of a gene or trait or something
It's funny, but Doorcrush 2.0 will almost certainly piss people off

HOWEVER I do like the idea of slippy slidey skating
Yeah no. Instant death brought to you by the game itself out of nowhere for no reason is just shitty and gets obnoxious fast, especially if it isn't at least entertaining. I'd be for this if it only made you unconscious but otherwise no.
Maybe just make it so you have a very small chance to slip, hit head a la clown and black out for a similar/variable length of time. Maybe minor brain damage at most