Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
[Feature] Actual Uniform Manufacturer
What this patch does: Adds a new 'Uniform Manufacturer' (/obj/machinery/manufacturer/uniform_hop) to the code and the datums for every standard job uniform, with the intent that it be placed in the Head of Personnel's office (and the current one be relocated to Crew Quarters, or something.)

It renames the old uniform manufacturer to 'Clothing Manufacturer' (but does not change its file path) and edits its description slightly.

What I have not done: I haven't actually made a map patch, because my desktop died recently and my laptop is a struggler.

EDIT: Incorporated Sundance's suggestion for the objective-based uniforms in uniforms.dm.
EDIT2: Added the Atmos Technician, Barber, Clown, Lawyer, Mailman, and Sous-Chef uniforms as "hidden" items when the machine is hacked. 
EDIT3: Actually got around to testing this patch; it works as it's supposed to. Hooray!

I also added the labcoat (which had an existing datum, but showed up in no manufacturers?) to the Clothing and Medical fabricators.

https://github.com/goonstation/goonstati...dd342e6d1d
This is great!!!

Two things:

1. I would love to see the alternative april fools day sprites included in this list. Would that be difficult to impliment? Would any admins have any particular objection to this? They're just too good to waste
2. Are any of these clothing objective specific? Perhaps simply making these a duplicate would give a seperate description at the end "-Hey wait a minute, these RD's clothing don't look quite right!"
As a note regarding map patches for a few things (e.g. moving a few bits around): the map files are not in a great format for making incremental changes, so the coders would do them manually (easy in this case).

I'd recommend adding labcoats to the regular manufacturer, as enough jobs use them to the point of them being ubiquitous, and who doesn't like pretending to be a doctor as a clown?

Adding some variants as hidden items (i.e. available if the manufacturer was hacked, I forget the flag but it's something like "secret") might be a cool idea. I'm not familiar with the April Fools Day' thing but assume they're just a bunch of wacky uniforms? If so, I see no harm in tacking them on to the hidden list as well.

EDIT: Maybe add the clown suit to the hidden items as well? Not sure if that could have any negative consequences...
The flag is "hidden", incidentally. And I'm happy to add them providing they create some form of duplicate uniform for heads that can't be cashed in for traitor objectives.
(06-22-2017, 07:39 AM)Sundance Wrote: This is great!!!

Two things:

1. I would love to see the alternative april fools day sprites included in this list. Would that be difficult to impliment? Would any admins have any particular objection to this? They're just too good to waste
2. Are any of these clothing objective specific? Perhaps simply making these a duplicate would give a seperate description at the end "-Hey wait a minute, these RD's clothing don't look quite right!"

#2 has been implemented! Thanks for the suggestion.
In terms of code stuff, I almost want to say make it a child of the main one (i.e. /obj/machinery/manufacturer/uniform/hop), overriding the relevant things. I'm torn on whether that's "better", though.

EDIT: With the "synthetic" ones you shouldn't need to update the icon/item_state properties. They'll inherit those from the main one.
Please update the other files (manufacturer.dm, manufacturing.dm) to reflect the new changes!!
(06-22-2017, 08:57 AM)Mordent Wrote: In terms of code stuff, I almost want to say make it a child of the main one (i.e. /obj/machinery/manufacturer/uniform/hop), overriding the relevant things. I'm torn on whether that's "better", though.

EDIT: With the "synthetic" ones you shouldn't need to update the icon/item_state properties. They'll inherit those from the main one.

Cleaned this up, thank-you.
hacked could offer the atmospheric tech jumpsuit
EMAGing the manufacturer should let it produce stuff like syndicate armor and (possibly) genuine head/captain's jumpsuits.
Incorporated hidden uniform suggestions! Thank you all.
(06-22-2017, 11:22 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: EMAGing the manufacturer should let it produce stuff like syndicate armor and (possibly) genuine head/captain's jumpsuits.

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way to separate emagging a manufacturer from multitool-hacking the secret items list. So, not really feasable
This is a neat idea, the current uniform manufacturer isn't the best.
(06-22-2017, 09:33 PM)Tarmunora Wrote:
(06-22-2017, 11:22 AM)awfulworldkid Wrote: EMAGing the manufacturer should let it produce stuff like syndicate armor and (possibly) genuine head/captain's jumpsuits.

Unfortunately, I don't believe there is a way to separate emagging a manufacturer from multitool-hacking the secret items list. So, not really feasable

Theoretically you could have two separate entities and have the machine switch to a second one with different items listed once emagged.
im late but im here to say that i think itd be neat if this could be used to produce the recolored versions of jumpsuits that totally exist