Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Minor The Long-Broken ChemiCompiler
After some discussion in Discord it appears the chemicompiler has been broken and disabled for a while but nobody seems to know why and I can't find any info on the forum. I am a big nerd who writes emulators and embedded systems for fun so I'd be interested in looking at it if I can get any info on the problem.
From what I understand, it was disabled so that the brainfuck-based code it used to run on could be rewritten to be more user-friendly and with more features, since it was tedious to code and set up, and not very useful even if you knew how to utilize it to its fullest extent (ignoring the two or three chemnerds who will claim otherwise). This is presumably still a work in progress. 'It's broken' is just an in-game justification for it, I think.
I'm pretty sure it just flat out broke one day and no one cares enough to fix the stupid thing so well here we are.
It was a pet project by a since vanished coder. RIP.
Yeah, RIP. Well, I think it's interesting anyway. Would there be any opposition to a slightly more user-friendly ChemiCompiler CCS-2000 in that case?
Yeah it flat out broke some day and potato disabled it. I'll look into what broke it when I get back.